IVF (Phase 2) (mini chapter)

Nya's POV

The clinic called Spencer and I and told us to come in for the embryo transfer. The excitement is going through my veins.

"You ok?" Spencer asked me as he was driving to the clinic.

"I'm ok, just really excited."

"I am too" Spencer Replied.

once we reached the clinic, we went inside and they told us what room to go to and to just wait. The doctor came in and explained how many embryos have been made in the lab and the quality of each. She also said that only one embryo will be implanted in my uterus today. The ultrasound tech came in shortly after.

"Embryo transfer is very simply procedure, you won't need any anesthesia or anything like that. We will be placing a catheter into the cervix and then uterus. You will feel some pressure, and if you feel like it's getting too painful, we can provide you with some medication so don't hesitate to let me know." The doctor said.

"Ok." I responded. 

I held Spencer's hand because truth be told, I was kind of nervous. Holding his hand or even looking into his eyes calmed me down. I would always get lost in his eyes, most of the time I don't even realize it.

"Ok, you're all done." The doctor said.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's it. You might have some trouble walking so wait a couple minutes and rest before leaving, and of course, no strenuous activities for a couple of days, that includes work. The pregnancy will be detected in about nine days. After nine days, we will call you back here so you can take a pregnancy test and give you the results the next day." 

"Thank you so much doctor." I said.

"Of course." She replied.

After about 5 minutes, Spencer and I left the clinic and of course, he wouldn't let me drive us home. 

Spencer's POV 

"You don't get tired of doing that?" Nya asked.

"Tired of what?" 

"Constantly driving me places." Nya responded.

"I have no problem driving you anywhere. You heard the doctor, no strenuous activities."

"Driving is barely strenuous."

"That may be true but it has a lot of foot movement and you shouldn't be moving any of your legs right now." I said.

"That's a good point."

"I always make good points." I said.

"Yes you do, love." 

"I have a surprise for you when we get home." I said.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I can't wait for you to see it."

Nya and I drove home and I took her upstairs to one of the rooms we have in the house. I opened the door and she almost cried.

"Omg, babe, I can't believe you did all this." She said.

"Yeah, I mean I didn't know if the baby would be a boy or a girl so I just incorporated both, and I know we've had some baby names, we've been thinking of. I just wanted everything to be perfect."

She didn't say anything, she just looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes and kissed me.

"It's perfect. The crib, the lights, the wall color, the toys, the little dangly thing over the crib; I didn't even think you would even try to build a nursery with everything that's been going on lately." Nya said.

"My family is my first priority. I always love seeing that smile on your face, that makes my day every-time."

"I love you." Nya said.

"I love you too." I responded.

"Do you think Reina's gonna like it?" Nya asked.

"Well it depends, she's really picky, like her mother." 

"Ok I am not that picky."

I gave her a look.

"Ok, maybe I'm a little picky." She said.

I pulled her by her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"You are the love of my life." I said.

"And you are the love of mine." Nya responded.

"Till death due us part." I said.

"Till death due us part." Nya responded.