Mother (part 1)

Nya's POV

"Have you spoken to her yet?" I asked Hotch as him and the rest of the team were in a separate room looking at my mother through a one way glass.

"She only wants to speak to you." Hotch replies.

I went into the interrogation room, and I still couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought my mother was dead all of these years.

I sat in front of her and waited for her to say something, anything at this point.

"I'm sure you have questions." She said.

"Many." 

"Well I suppose you have more questions than the rest of these agents."

"I do. Did you kill Dad?" I asked.

"No, I hired someone to do that." She replied.

"Why? You had a husband, You had a family and you left it all for this."

"Your father was just as abusive as your Elijah. You remember us being this perfect, happy couple, well we weren't. I had to take matters into my own hands."

"And what about your kids?" I asked.

"I never intended to leave you and Thomas, but I thought it would just be best to ship you off to some orphanage and hope you find a better family, but obviously that didn't happen. I've been watching you guys since you were younger, and I'm sorry that I never showed my face, even when I should have."

"You kept tabs on us for years and didn't think to come get your children or say anything? You let us believe you were dead?"

"Yes."

"Why?" I asked

"I was already in this business by the time I left you guys. I met Javier a little while after I killed your father. He got me into this whole thing."

" so are you trying to blame this on Javier?"

"I'm not trying to blame anything on Javier, I had just as much to do with it as he did."

"So what? Are you and Javier a couple?"

"He's my husband."

"Omg, this is priceless. Wait so the man you met happened to be running a sex trafficking ring and you let yourself get into it because what? you love him?"

"I do." 

I scoffed at her.

"I do. I took over the business after he said he wanted to spend more time with our daughter."

"Daughter? Wait so now you're telling me that you have another daughter?"

"Yes. Her name is Selah, it means —"

"Forever. I know what it means. Is she a part of what it is you are doing?" I asked.

"No, she's young. She doesn't know anything."

"So let me get this straight, you hired someone to kill your ex-husband, then met Javier, got into this whole sex trafficking business, married him, and then had a child together while continuing to sell and profit off of other human beings."

"Well......yes."

"You know you really make me sick. I liked you a lot better when you were dead."

I walked out of the interrogation room. I needed a minute. It sucks. Thinking your mom was dead for years only to find out she wasn't. She was running a business of selling human beings. That's way worse than if she was really dead.