Caretaker

Nya's POV

Its Spencer and I's first day back at work. It was hard for me to leave Reina, Spencer practically had to drag me out the front door because I didn't want to leave her, but it was time. I called a friend to stay and watch Reina while we were at work. Unfortunately, since we have such hefty schedules, it would be days at a time before we can finally see her. I hated leaving her but I made the decision to become a full-time FBI agent, not thinking about what it would be like for my future kids. 

"Hey Hotch, can I ask you something?" I asked while Hotch and I were in his office. 

"Of course, close the door." He says. 

"How did you do it?" 

"Do what?" He replies. 

"How did you leave Jack after he was born?" 

"Your missing Reina?" He asked. 

I nodded. 

"It wasn't easy at first but it helped to know that Haley was at home taking care of him." 

"She died, didn't she?" I asked. 

"Yes, a few years ago." 

"How could you take care of him with having to be here all the time?" 

"One word, Nanny, She really helped when it came to caring for Jack." 

"So you think I should get a nanny?" 

"If that's what you and Spencer feels is best but I think you should talk to him, I had to make that decision alone but you don't have to." 

"Thanks, Hotch,"  I said while leaving his office. 

I walked into the room Spencer was in.  He was in his "Solving the case" zone. It was cute seeing him work. 

"Hey," I said as I walked in. 

"Hey," He replied. 

"I talked to Hotch." I said. 

"About what?" 

"He thinks we should get a nanny, Well he thinks we should consider it and thinks it'll be a good thing." 

"And what do you think?" He asks me. 

"I think that we should. We're gone, solving cases, days at a time. We don't come home sometimes for weeks. We shouldn't put those responsibilities of taking care of our child on our friends who have their own lives. I'm not fond of nannies or anyone taking care of our kids for us, you know how much I suffered at the hands of people who weren't my parents, but I think It would really be the best decision, at least until we come up with a way to be home more often."

"Ok." He replied. 

"That's all you're gonna say? "

He finally looked back at me and grabbed my hand. 

"I know that you'll always want what's best for Reina, I don't doubt  this decision at all." He says. 

I kiss him because he's just so sweet. He deserves a kiss. I love how much he supports me, cares for me, and cares for Reina, he's the best husband and father anyone could ever ask for. 

"Hey, lovebirds, Hotch is calling us downstairs," Derek says as he walks into our make-out session. 

Spencer separates his lips from mine. 

"Hey, when we get back, finding a nanny will be our first priority." He says. 

"Thank you," I reply.