The backstory(mini chapter)

Nya's POV

"It's time that I tell you the truth about what happened to me, Spence."

"What do you mean?" Spencer replied.

I woke up and found him lying on the couch watching TV while the baby was sleeping in her crib. I got the urge to tell him the truth.

I lay next to him on the couch.

"I need to tell you the truth about why I became an assassin in the first place," I said.

Spencer turned off the TV and faced me, showing me he had my full attention.

"I'm listening," Spencer said.

"When I was 18, I decided to go into the military, and that's where I met Elijah. We were young and we fell in love but our superiors insisted that we couldn't be together, so we had to keep our relationship a secret. We were eventually caught and discharged. We were bummed about it but excited at the same time, we were free to be together and we even bought our first house together. A Few weeks go by and he starts becoming majorly abusive, but me being young and dumb, I stayed with him. As time went by, the abuse got worse and worse, he would come home every day and beat me. I would use makeup to cover up the bruises, One night I caught him cheating and he came home and just started unleashing all of this anger toward me. He punched and kicked me repeatedly, and he needed up fracturing my skull and bruising my ribs and lungs. I woke up in the hospital and the doctors told me I was lucky to be alive. Ever since that day, waking up in that hospital bed, I told myself that I would never feel powerless like that again. That's why I became an assassin. My whole life I've been hunted, I've been the prey and with being an assassin, now I'm the hunter."

"Wow, why didn't you tell me this sooner?" Spencer asked.

"I didn't know how to say this, how was I supposed to bring it up? Hey babe, so the reason I became an assassin is because of my super abusive ex-bf who almost killed me then came back into my life and kidnapped me and almost killed me that time too?"

"Yeah, I see why you didn't say something sooner," Spencer said.

"But I mean there's a bright side, if I never became an assassin, I would have never met you."

"That is true," Spencer says with a smile on his face.

I love seeing him smile, I love being back home where I can be in the arms of the man I love more than anything and everything. He's my everything. He and my sweet little baby girl is my everything.