Family time (Mini Chapter)

Nya's Pov

Spencer and I are off of work for a while. He insisted on staying home to help me with the baby. It has been fairly exhausting. Rere just refuses to sleep and even when she finally does, she doesn't sleep for long. Both Spencer and I are so tired all the time because she doesn't like to sleep at night. Spencer and I end up having to take turns watching her throughout the night. It was my watch and it was cute watching Spencer sleep.

I held rere in my arms and went to the kitchen to breastfeed her. It was honestly hard at first to get her to latch on but she did it eventually. I was so tired my eyes kept closing so I went to go sit on the couch.

I looked at rere and couldn't stop staring at it, she's so cute, has the cutest eyes and softest skin. I'm still in shock, she's my baby. This little beautiful baby came from me, that's still so hard to believe.

"She's cute, isn't she?" Spencer said as he walked out of the bedroom.

"Yeah, she is but you should be sleeping." I replied.

"I did sleep and you look absolutely exhausted, let me have her, go sleep."

"You have no idea how much I genuinely appreciate you." I said.

"For what? For being a good husband, that should be the bare minimum, my love."

I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek and I headed to bed.

Spencer's POV

I hated letting Nya do all the work when it came to Reina. After everything she's been through with her so far, It just made me want to do more for her. I just wanted her to be able to relax and rest a while before we were fully able to go back to work. But Reina loves her mom, you can already see they have a bond even though she's only a few weeks old.

I held Reina in my arms while trying to make a sandwich. She began to cry so I had to stop in order to comfort her. She cried and cried and cried and she wouldn't stop.

"You can't get her to stop crying, can you?"Nya says as she walks out of the bedroom.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for her to wake you up from your sleep," I said.

"It's ok, let me sing to her, that usually helps."

I give Nya the baby and listen to her sing to Reina.

Her voice never ceases to amaze me.

We watched Tv until Reina fell asleep and not too long after Nya fell asleep. I promised myself that I will always protect them with my life.