Mother (part 2)

Nya's POV

"Did you guys find anything yet?" I asked the team.

"No, we have no idea where they are. Reina is a little girl, she doesn't have any tech on her that we can track or use to find her and we don't know anything about this Javier guy." Derek said.

"Her earrings. There are trackers in her earrings." Spencer said.

"Yeah, we can use that," JJ said.

"You put trackers in our daughters' earrings?" I asked.

"Yeah, for reasons like this," Spencer replied.

I actually like the idea. It's smart. Reina mostly reads books or watches TV, she doesn't have any portable devices on her.

"I think I found something," Spencer said as he pointed at the computer screen.

They were coordinates to a warehouse nearby. 

"That's where we're going," I said.

The team and I put our gear on and headed to that warehouse.

We searched the entire warehouse but nothing.

She wasn't there. It was empty.

We got back to the BAU and I just needed a second to myself. I went into another room and I just couldn't breathe.  I don't know where my daughter is and thinking you're so close to finding her only for it to be a hoax.

"DAMN IT!" I said as I put my hand on my chest.

I closed my eyes and hoped that my chest would stop hurting and I would stop hearing my heart race inside my chest. 

My breath started to tremble and I started feeling dizzy. I had to put my hand on a chair nearby to support myself.

Spencer walked into the room and ran to me. He didn't say anything he just put his hand on my cheek and proceeded to hug me. He knew I was having a panic attack. 

He held me for a while and allowed me to feel safe. I felt safe in his arms. I felt all the anxiety fall away. I know I needed this hug and if I needed it, he definitely needed it too. Reina was his kid also and I know he is just as angry and anxious as I am.

"Are you ok?" Spencer asked as we stopped hugging.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Thank you." I responded.

"You're welcome. Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"We have an hour left before the 48 hours are up and we have nothing. I feel helpless and weak and I just feel awful." I responded.

"I do too. I'm her father, I should have protected her." 

"Spencer, you did what you could. I mean you've barely slept. Even at the house, you stay up all night trying to see if you can track her or find her somehow."

"Yeah well, it doesn't feel like I've done enough."

He didn't say anything else after that. He just walked out.

He was heartbroken as any parent would be. I decided to sit down in a chair nearby. I wanted to give Spencer his space for a couple of minutes. He needs that sometimes.

Derek walked into the room like there was an emergency.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your mother's gone." He responded.

"My mother's gone. I don't understand, how did she even — Spencer." I said.

"He's going to give her to Javier to get Reina back," Derek said.