Baby shower/Gender Reveal

Nya's POV  

Today is my baby shower/ Gender reveal !! Spencer and I have been planning this for quite some time now. I wanted to do a two-in-one type of party, I just always thought it would be more fun. We decided to do it at our house, something small and intimate but we did pay for Penelope to decorate for us. 

"How does everything look??" Penelope asked me as she was putting the finishing touches on the decorations. 

"It's perfect, thank you for all of this," I say as I pull out money to give to her. 

"No, it's ok, you don't have to pay me,"  Penelope says. 

"I do, I mean you've done all of this work, the least I could do is pay you," I reply. 

"It's fine really, You guys are practically family,"  Penelope says as she hugs me. 

"Thank you," I reply. 

I wanted to invite as many people as I could. We invited our mutual friends and the entire team, and of course, Derek was the first one to arrive other than Penelope who was already there. 

"Everything looks amazing, and this is for you," Derek says as he gives me a gift. 

"Thank you" 

"Wheres pretty boy?" Derek asks. 

"He's inside getting all the food with Penelope." 

"I still can't believe you're pregnant," Derek says. 

"Yeah I know, I can't wait to meet my little munchkin," I reply. 

Spencer and Penelope finally bring out the blue and pink-colored food for everyone to enjoy. Rossi, JJ, Emily, Even Hotch, and Jack came to the baby shower. I loved having all of my friends here to celebrate with us. They are practically family. 

Spencers POV

To get the baby shower started we decided to play some games. The first one was baby bingo. Nya didn't like the idea because she always believed bingo was an old people's game but I always had some sort of liking to it and Of course, I won. 

"You are definitely cheating," Emily said. 

"I am not cheating, it's actually pretty simple." Bingo can be played using sets of 90, 85, or 75 numbers. The National Bingo Game is played using a set of 90 numbers, 1-90. I think you all just suck." I replied. 

"Babe, be nice." Nya says "Alright everyone we are going to start on our next baby game, everyone's favorite "Guess the baby food" which I'm sure you all know extremely well.  Now this is how the game works, each of you will have to choose a partner and you both will be blindfolded, one of you will be the feeder and the other will be the taster, and vice versa, The feeder dips a spoon into a series of jarred baby foods while the taster tries to guess what each one is, You both have to try your best to identify the baby food that will be presented to you. Now, whose going first?" 

"Emily and I will go first." I used to kill at this game before my sons were born." JJ says. 

I blindfold her and Emily and JJ decided to be the feeder while Emily tastes the baby food and tries to guess. 

"You're completely missing my mouth!" Emily says. 

"Well, I'm blindfolded just like you so give me a minute," JJ replies while trying to fit the spoon in Emily's mouth. 

"ugh this is awful, is It sweet potatoes?" Emily asks. 

"Correct," Nya says. 

The next pairs of guests played the game, Nya and I as well, which I think we did great on by the way. 

We did the next game which was blindfolded baby changing. All the men were up first and Hotch won surprisingly. 

"Excuse me, everyone, I would like to say a few words," Penelope said as she got up to address everyone. "I could not be happier for Nya and Spencer. They are such a beautiful couple and now they're having a child which makes me ecstatic and I could not be happier for you guys." 

"Thank you," Nya says. 

"I guess it's my turn to say something," Derek says as he gets out of his chair. "Well, I'm very happy to be here with all of you to celebrate Nya and Spencer's child. This is a really special time in any couple's life and if it's a boy, you should name him after me." 

"That's hilarious," Nya said. 

Nya's POV

"I want to thank all of you for coming and supporting and celebrating with us. I appreciate and love every one of you, now it is time to reveal the gender of the baby, now I don't know how spencer wanted to reveal this to everyone so ill just give him the floor, spencer if you will." 

"Thanks, babe," Spencer said. 

I saw him pull out a remote and press a button that was on it. 

"You guys might want to look up." He said. 

So we did. I heard the sound of a plane of some sort approaching the house. Then I saw it, there was a skywriting plane in the sky that wrote "Its a girl" in Pink smoke. 

IT'S A GIRL! We're having a girl. I lept into spencers arms. I was so excited and ecstatic. 

Everyone told us congratulations and a handful of hugs. I always wanted a girl and now I am which just fills me with emotion. I could not be happier right now. 

Spencers POV 

Hours have passed and everyone has gone home. Nya was inside the house laying down and I agreed I would clean up in order to give her some time to rest. She's been asking me about cute baby clothes and how we're gonna decorate the nursery ever since the gender reveal. 

"Babe, come inside, there's something I want to ask you!" Nya yells from inside the house. 

I go inside the house and enter our bedroom to see what she needs. 

"Do you think this baby outfit is cute?

"I think it's adorable love," I reply 

"We should buy it." 

"Yes, we should," I say. 

"Hey, you look tired, lets go to bed," Nya says. 

"I have to finish cleaning." 

" The cleaning can wait, come on," Nya says. 

I hopped into bed with her and watched her sleep peacefully. She was so beautiful. I ended up going back outside to finish cleaning, I wanted her to wake up to a clean home.