IVF (Phase 1)

Nya's POV

Spencer and I started our IVF cycle 14 days ago. Spencer has been helping me take my injections and just helping me throughout this whole process.  I've done blood tests and ultrasounds to see how the eggs are stimulating in my belly. Today is our egg retrieval day. Spencer and I are on our way to the clinic to meet with my doctor about our procedure. 

"How are you feeling?" Spencer asked. 

"Nervous," I responded. 

"Everything will be fine." 

"I know." 

"You should have let me drive," Spencer said. 

"Spencer I can't let you do everything, You would barely let me lift a finger at home, I'm not pregnant yet, my love." 

"I know, I'm just being cautious," Spencer replied. 

I smiled at him. I love how much he cares about me. 

We got to the clinic and met up with my doctor. 

"Hello, it's nice to see you guys, I checked all your labs and ultrasounds, and you are ready to go. we have the pre-op nurse in the next room, and she will explain exactly what you have to do. Then of course the anesthesiologist and fertility specialist will be coming in as well and explaining the procedure in its entirety, but before you go over there, you do have to put on a hospital gown." The doctor said. 

"Can I go with her?" Spencer asked. 

"Unfortunately, you can't because it is an actual procedure and they don't allow loved ones to be in the room, however, we will be needing a sample of your sperm for fertilization." 

"He has to ejaculate in a cup?" I asked.  

"Precisely." The doctor responded. 

"Right now?" I asked. 

"Yes, he will be in a separate room." The doctor said.

I smiled at Spencer.

"Don't look at me like that." He said. 

"You love it when I look at you like that," I replied. 

"Good point." He said. 

He kissed me and then told me, he'd be standing beside me as soon as I woke up, and then left the room. 

I changed into my hospital gown, went into the next room, and sat on the hospital bed. I met Annie, my pre-op nurse, and she made me sign consent forms for the anesthesia and took my vital signs to make sure everything was normal with me. The anesthesiologist came in and he asked me if I was allergic to any anesthesia or anything of that nature and I said no. The fertility specialist came in and explained the entire procedure to me again. 

"It will be a simple procedure. It's a sort of transvaginal ultrasound and I will be using a needle to extract the eggs. The procedure should be over in 20 minutes. After the procedure, I will go into your room and let you know what to do afterward." 

"ok," I replied. 

I laid down and the anesthesiologist put the oxygen mask over my face and asked me to count backward from 10. 

"ten.....nine....eight....seven.....si..."

Spencer's POV

It wasn't long before Nya was done with her operation. They had her moved into another room and I was lying beside her waiting for her to wake up. 

"Hi." She said.