The past can trap you

Spencers POV

I was absolutely exhausted. I had to wake up at 5 AM this morning for a case. I didnt want to leave Nya unattended at home but I had to go to work.

"Good morning Spence," JJ said as I walked into the office.

"Good morning," I reply.

"My Boy Spencer, how's it going man? I keep telling Derek we have to hit the club but he's not up for it, so what do you say?"

"I'm married, she works here actually," I say.

"How come I've never seen her here?"

"She's been on maternity leave for months now," I reply.

Elijah is the newest member of the team, he's been here since Nya has been on maternity leave.

"Hope to meet her someday," Elijah says.

"Yeah."

I walked upstairs to the conference room in order for us to brief the case.

"Good morning everyone," Garcia said as she presented the crime scene photos on the screen. 35 people were killed in San Francisco, apparently, a mass amount of evidence was left in the police department's hands; letters, anonymous phone calls, blood-stained shirts, accounts from survivors, etc but unfortunately the police have not been able to find him. They call him the Zodiac killer."

"So this is an unsolved murder case?" Emily asks.

"Yes, and the San Francisco police station is requesting our help," Garcia Replies.

"Let's see what we can do, wheels up in 30," Hotch says.

We all leave the conference room to prepare ourselves for the flight.

"Spencer, you sure you can't hit the club later?" Elijah said as we leave the room.

"Married, remember?" I replied.

"Well can you at least come to the bar then? I need a drinking buddy."

"Fine, after work but I'm only having one drink and then I'm leaving," I reply.

"Alright cool."

Nya's POV

It was pretty boring staying in the house by myself. I spent most of the time cleaning. I've been feeling the baby kick a lot and every time she kicks, it brings a smile to my face. Who knew that anybody could ever love something so much that you feel like you would die if anything every happened to it? That's a mothers love.

I was cleaning inside Spencer and I's bedroom and found his satchel near one of our drawers. I can't believe he left it and I know he's probably looking for it right now. I wanted to bring it to him before he left for his flight so I took the keys and drove to the BAU headquarters. I know it's a bad thing for a pregnant women to be driving in the busy streets but Spencer really can't function at work without his precious satchel.

When I walked into the office everyone was happy to see me and gave me a hug before walking out and heading on the plane.

"Thank you so much, I was looking everywhere for this." Spencer said.

"I know you were hence why I brought it, your baby has really been kicking it in there, sometimes I think she's having a party in there or something."

Spencer places his hand on my stomach to feel the baby kicking. He smarts smiling and I smile with him.

"Yeah she's definitely having a party." Spencer says.

I laugh at his cute joke, then someone interrupts our conversation.