The broken little girl

Spencers POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?"I ask Nya as we sit in the car.

"No, not at all," Nya replied.

"Listen, if you are not ready for this, you don't have to do this now."

"I do. It's time for me to face him, plus you're coming with me."

I kissed her and we got out of the car.

I could tell she was scared. She wasn't moving after she got out of the car. I held her hand to comfort her. Let her know that everything will be ok and I would never let anyone hurt her under my watch.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied.

We walked to the front door and rang the doorbell. Nya didn't let go of my hand. A female answered the door. She was wearing scrubs and I'm guessing she was a home health aide.

"Hi, May I help you?" The woman said.

"Yes, I'm Nya--"

"Nya? Yeah. Ive seen your pictures on the wall. You look exactly like you did when you were younger. You were one of Michael's foster kids, right?"

"Yes, I was."

"Come in, come in. Micheal used to talk a lot about you before his condition progressed." The woman said as she closed the door behind us.

"His condition?" Nya asked.

"Yes, he has Lewy body dementia. Its-"

"A form of dementia where Lewy bodies develop in the nerve cells in the brain. It affects different brain regions involving thinking, memory, and movement." I said.

"Exactly, and you are?"

"I'm Dr.Spencer Reid."

"Oh interesting, MD?"

"No, PhD. Nya and I are FBI agents."

"Wow that's amazing and I'm guessing you guys are married. You two haven't let go of each other's hand this whole time. Plus I see the rings. "

"Yeah, we are married," Nya said.

"Well, you two make a beautiful couple."

"Thank you," Nya responded.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Ariel." She said as she shook both of our hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ariel," Nya responded.

"So do you want to talk to Michael? I'll bring him out here." Ariel said.

"Yes, thank you," Nya responded.

Nya and I sat on the living room couch and waited for Ariel to bring him to the living room. Nya was still holding my hand when she spotted the pictures on the wall. She got off the couch, took one of the pictures off the wall, and touched it softly as if she was remembering a memory from her young life.

"Is that you?" I asked as I got off the couch and looked at the photo.

"Yeah, he took us to the park so we could have a "family" picnic and we took this photo afterward."

"Was it a fond memory?" I asked.

"Sure, at least until we came back home," Nya responded as she put the picture back on the wall.