New Year One-shot

Aloha... c:

Okay so I should probably mention, this one-shot means it's not canon. This is basically a fanfic of my fanfic and so... nothing that happens here is canon!

Enjoy!

The New Year One-shot

Aurelie's POV

I sat on the arm of Uncle Ashley's couch and watched everyone dance and laugh the night away. All my uncles and aunts were here, including different bands who were friends with Black Veil Brides. Things seemed so peaceful as I watched everyone happily forget any of their current troubles; no one seemed to have a care in the world.

"Having fun sitting here alone?"  I heard. The joking nature of his question was evident in his tone as he sat down next to me, passing me a glass, "I got you a drink."

I took it and thanked him, "I was just watching everyone, Wynter. It's like the night's never going to end."

"Well, you know, eventually it will."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed, not wanting to accept it, "but I think for now we can just pretend."

"Pretend away, kid."

"I'm only a year younger!"

Our playful argument was interrupted by a "Hey" from Scream. We looked up and saw her talking to Uncle Ashley; they both looked comfortable around each other, yet nervous. I knew Uncle Ashley liked her, and he admit it to me, so I spoke to him the other day and just gave him a little push. Hopefully he'd have the guts to ask her out right now.

Wynter nudged my arm and pointed at the clock that was hung on the wall, "Look." It said 11:54pm, 6 minutes to midnight, "Wouldn't it be romantic if he asked her out as it struck midnight?"

"Yeah, it would..." I trailed off and focused on their current conversation. They were talking about something ridiculous: the weather. 

I was ready to kill Uncle Ashley, honestly. I had told him to just build up his nerves and ask her. One more look toward the clock showed me it was now 11:56pm.

"So, ah, Scream... I need to ask you something." Now he's got our attentions.

"Yeah?"

"Well... see, I was wondering..." I could see him swallowing his nerves and preparing himself for any answer he could possibly get. I felt bad for him, as this basically meant that he actually really liked her. She was different, not like those other girls who showed up and told him they loved him just for money. She was genuine... She actually meant it.

C'mon, it's 11:58pm!

Grinning, she looked at him jokingly, "What is it? Did you kill someone? Just tell me."

"Ah..." 11:59pm...

"Scream, I really like you... I mean, honestly, more than I have liked anyone before. I care about you so much and, well, I was wondering..." he trailed off and I groaned in annoyance. I knew he was nervous, but really, I was going to kill the man.

"Okay," he took a deep breath. "Just... Will you be my girlfriend and go out with me on Saturday night?"

"5..." Everyone's chants began to fill the room.

"4..."

"Scream?" Uncle Ashley looked nervous.

"3..."

"Ashley..." She smiled at him.

"2..."

"Yes, okay." His stress-filled face disappeared and relief visibly fell over him.

"1..."

They began to lean toward each other and Wynter and I squealed in excitment.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone yelled. And suddenly all the couples were kissing, but among them, Wynter and I were most focused on the two who, at that moment, seemed to love each other the most.

I smiled and 'aww'ed at them, and Wynter laughed, "Maybe someday we'll both meet people we love as well." I silently agreed, hoping for exactly that.

The night lasted for as long as it could, and I enjoyed every moment.

~~

And that was the one-shot I promised. This is what would have happened if Scream was alive :)

But she's not so...

Heh, sorry.

Alright well, vote and comment guys! 

Love you<3

~Scream