Chapter 32 part 1

So I said tomorrow in the comments and then my grandma convinced me to spend a few days with her so yeah. And now I'm updating :3

Except it's going to be in two parts because it's 2:12 am and I just got back from grandma's. Yeah... just now. I am exhausted.

Chapter 32

Part 1

Ashley's POV

I ran through the doors as fast as my legs could carry me; my heart racing quickly in my chest, pounding against my ribcage. I was a nervous wreck.

'Please, please, please,' I chanted repetitively in my head, 'please be okay, Scream, please, please, please.' I guessed the worst and hoped for the best, different scenarios rushing around in my head - I should've known not to let her go; I should've run after her.

Why didn't I run after her?

Regret filled thoughts crowded in my head.

"Ash!" I looked to the left and saw everyone in the waiting room, the guys were standing and the girls were sitting, everyone looked extremely worried.

"Wha-," I stopped to take a breath, "what happened to Scream? What's going on?"

CC looked at me and opened his mouth but no words came out. Jinxx looked away and Jake went back to Ella. "Andy?" I was desparate by now.

"Uh... Listen, Ash," Andy said, "Scream got in an... accident. There was a drunk driver and Scream was walking on the street... Apparently the people who saw it happen said that she tried to get out of the way but the car kept swerving and it hit her... They don't know if she's going to be okay."

I leaned against the wall, now unable to hold myself up, "Wh-where is she?"

"She's ah... she's in surgery, it um... it looks pretty bad..."

I looked at my best friend in despair. This had to be a joke. It just had to be. If Scream died on me now, after all we've been through, all we've done- everything- no, I just... I couldn't let that happen. But it really wasn't up to me what would happen.

Guilt filled up inside of me and mixed in with the regret...

This was all my fault, wasn't it?

What did I do...

A few hours later, a doctor and nurse walked out of the room and past the door we were all staring so intently at. Was Scream okay? Was she even alive? What had happened in the room we were all so desparately awaiting news from in those few hours?

The doctor walked away in a different direction and the nurse came towards us. We had all rushed up to her, asking her different questions about Scream but she just looked at us sadly.

"I'm sorry but... there was nothing any of us could do."

Those few words alone killed me.

"We lost her..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So ah... yep. Stay tuned for part 2~

Tell me what you think? x3

Vote and Comment :3

Love you<3

~Scream<3