Chapter 35

Alright, here's the final chapter, the one that wraps the story up before the epilogue! My writing style has changed a lot since this fanfic so please just bear with me while I try to make this sound... well, like the fanfic originally did. Oh and Wynter's dad is Jinxx, incase you forgot. Anyway - Enjoy! :)

Wynter's POV

I had been coughing and sneezing with my lungs dying and body aching like crazy - and I just really wanted it to end. I had managed to hide it from Aurelie for the past few days because I knew how she would react: like my own overprotective mother. I had asked everyone to keep it to themselves but the second Aurelie barged into my room -

"Damn it, I told them not to tell you."

She slapped the back of my head for that, "Why not?!"

"You overreact... and you worry... a lot."

"Well, I'm sorry for caring then!"

"No you're not." I sighed, "And also... I think it's time I tell my parents..."

That clearly concerned her, "As long as you're sure - and you know they'll be cool with it, right?"

"I hope."

I decided to wait until I was feeling better to tell them, because there was no way I could get any point across or any words out in my close-to-comatose state and my brain banging against my skull. Aurelie fell asleep in bed next to me - seeing as she had refused to go home, the overprotective idiot - and cuddled up to me, so I lay there in bed with my arm around her, staring at the ceiling and wondering, 'What could possibly go wrong?'

A lot, actually.

What if they hated me? What if they never wanted to talk to me again? They could possible disown me- what if they did? Or... maybe they would be accepting, maybe they'd still love me - of course, they had to love me, I was their son...

Different scenarios rushed through my head but I had no idea what would actually happen. But then, they were my parents - they were accepting and loving. I knew they loved me no matter what and I had to tell them, because the truth would come out eventually.

I felt Aurelie move next to me, "Wyn... are you still up...?" She yawned. I nodded, no words would come out of my mouth - I was too busy being trapped in my fears. "Wynter, calm down... I'll be with you when you tell your parents... and everything will be fine. Please try to get some rest, you're not well." She moved over and put her arm around me instead so our previous positions switched.

"I love you, okay? You're my favorite cousin-"

"Your only cousin." I cut in, suppressing a yawn.

"Shush. You're my favorite cousin and I love you. And your parents love you too. Everything will be fine and it will work out. I know it's not easy, and I know you don't think it'll work out, but it will. You'll see."

Her words calmed me down, and I finally managed to slowly fall asleep. That night I felt peaceful, and I only hoped that feeling would last.

Through the course of the next three days it was a cycle of Aurelie and I waking up and having breakfast. I'd take my medicine and Aurelie would go home for a few hours and then return as soon as Uncle Chris let her, then we'd play games and fall asleep while talking to each other. I got better soon enough, and I finally built up the courage to talk to my parents.

I mean how hard would it be to say it? It was two quick words, "I'm gay," but they were caught in my throat, refusing to be spoken.

I sat in the living room with them, Aurelie sitting next to me, trying to calm me down. "I have something I need to tell you guys."

Mom looked up from her phone, dad stopped practicing guitar - just like that, the room was quiet.

They looked at me expectantly, but I didn't know how to say it - I didn't know what to say. How do you tell your parents something that could either make your life or break you apart? I took a deep breath; I'd gone this far, no backing out now. Come on...

"I'm gay." I blurted out without thinking. Panic rushed in then. "I'm still me- I'm still your son please don't think of me any differently I love you both so much-" and my rushed string of words was cut off by my mom hugging me. Probably to shut me up.

"Wyn, it's okay. Of course we won't think of you differently." She smiled, and I felt like I was five years old again, sitting on her lap in the living room with not a care in the world.

My dad hadn't said a word, so I looked at him worriedly, "Dad?" His frown deepened and my worry set in again.

"Couldn't you wait another month?" He sighed, "Now I owe Andy ten bucks."

"Oh my god."

He laughed and got up to hug me, "Of course, I love you, regardless, Wyn. Obviously I would."

Relief ran through me and I'm pretty sure I visibly relaxed after he said that - but I still couldn't believe he had bet on my coming out. I laughed, it was still pretty typical of them all to do that. They had bet on Aurelie getting a boyfriend as well.

I felt so calm after that - like a weight had been taken off my shoulders. A pretty cliché line, I know, but it was the truth. And I was so glad that it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this chapter dealt a bit with coming out, as you can see. I know it's scary for a lot of people but I also know that regardless of what happens and how anyone reacts, there will always be someone there for you and everything will work out in the end. It will be okay. No matter how much it doesn't seem like it.

I'm back and active on wattpad again, so I just want to say that if you ever feel down or you just really wanna talk, you can always send me a message on here or you can kik me at ScreamInside1 (I'm sure the name's a shocker xD )

Anyway, it's 6:56 am and I haven't slept but the epilogue should be out soon (I'm working on it right now) at around... say 9pm? Hopefully before then. Vote and comment if you liked it the chapter :)

Stay safe, I love you all.

Hakuna Matata

~Scream<3