Epilogue

Alright... here we go. The very last instalment of 'It's My Life.' I've gotta say, it's had a good run. I'm very proud of this story, regardless of how I'm moving on.

Epilogue

One year later

Aurelie's POV

Music blared at the new year party as it slowly started to transcend into full swing. People were dancing, talking, and enjoying life - and it felt amazing to be in so much peace. School had just ended a week ago for the Winter break, and my friends and I had been meeting up every other day. My uncles and aunts looked so happy. Dad looked happy. I was so relieved; things were finally going right for us.

"Hey Aur," Amor said, walking in and leaning against the counter separating the living room and the kitchen where I sat.

"Hey Amor," I greeted, smiling and hugging him from the side. We talked for a while, before my other friends showed up. We laughed and talked, enjoying ourselves as the new year crept closer.

In a moment of realization,

I looked across the room to see who was there, but didn't see Uncle Ash anywhere...

"Gimme a minute," I interrupted Megan, "I need to look for Uncle Ash." Getting up, I walked out the door to the porch, and, just as expected, Uncle Ash was sitting on the steps looking out onto the dark beach.

I didn't really know what to say, so I just uttered the obvious: "You miss her."

He didn't even look back, "I love her."

I didn't know what to say, I just went to sit next to him as he continued talking, "Everyday I think about her. I really messed up by not telling her, and if I could redo everything then i'd tell her this time... But I can't... I think about her so much, it clouds up my days and takes over my nights, but it's out of my control now."

He sighed. The only thing I could think was the only comforting thing I even had to say. "Sometimes things happen that we don't want... We can't help it, and we can't force it force it not to happen... And we definitely can't change it... But Scream loved you, too, and she cared about you a lot. It'll be okay, Uncle Ashley... Someone will come along one day and you'll be fine." I gave him the best hopeful smile that I could gather up, and I really hoped he'd believe me.

He half-smiled at me, "When did you become such a smart kid?" he ruffled my hair and I glared at him, making him laugh, "Come on, let's go in." He got up and held out his hand. I took it an he pulled me up. He was about to go on in when I stopped him.

"Oh wait."

"What is it?" He looked concerned.

I hit his arm gently, "Don't ruffle my hair!" I grinned at him and tried to sort it out, because thanks to him it was now a big mess.

He laughed, "I won't keep that in mind. Come on." He smirked and I glared at him again. My Uncle Ash, mischievous as ever.

We went inside and as the countdown started, Amor came up to me.

"5!"

"I wanted to tell you," He said.

"4!"

"Yes?" I smiled.

"3!"

"This is really important."

"2!"

"What is it?" I laughed.

"1!"

"I love you." He grinned, and we kissed as the clock struck midnight.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

After everyone had finally left, my uncles and aunts were all plopped around different areas of the room. Uncle Jinxx and Uncle Jake were both half asleep on the couch beside each other, Jordan and my aunts were in the kitchen cleaning up, and my friends were either half asleep or talking lazily.

I watched them and smiled. This... This was my family. And if Scream was here, she'd be included. I miss her, I really do... But what can I say? I'm going to keep moving on. We all will.

'Everyone finds happiness at one point,' I thought, 'But when you hit the darkness, you just need to keep moving on and smile.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry the scene between Amor and Aurelie was a complete cliche, but I'm just that cheesy xD

So guys this is the end of It's My Life. Finally, right? I've had this story since 2012 when I was in grade 7... and now it's 2016 and I've just finished grade 11. Holy shit. I'm glad I'm done, but I'll be sad to see this go... It had a good run.

I'll be posting originals from now on, so follow me or something to stay updated on my upcoming stories. I'm already working on one and I'm trying to figure out a regular schedule for updates - which will happen!

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this wild ride of a story and I love you all and thank you much for putting up with me and dealing with my slow updates. Thank you so much for reading.

Stay safe, I love you all

Hakuna Matata

~Scream :) <3