Chapter 32 part 2

And here it is! Part 2! (<- i'm sorry)

A lot of people got upset in the last chapter but... yeah xD

I'm really sorry about my lack-of-updates and now school has started and--- ya know what just read the note at the end of the chapter. ^-^"

Chapter 32 Part 2

Ashley's POV

I watched, silently, as they lowered the coffin six feet under. Disbelief and regret was still filling every corner of my mind - I had never imagined myself in this situation. Or even this funeral itself. I haddone nothing during this funeral except stand and stare.

I stared as people who barely knew her spoke about her and what a kind person she was, nonsense that they didn't know whether it was even true or not. For all they knew, she could've been a huge bitch. It was all made up stories, made up memories. Yet they brought a strange sense of comfort with them to some and strange feelings of misconception to others.

To me, it was a stupid, sorry mess of nothingness. Nothing anyone could say or do would help me anymore. None of it was even true.

Someone wake her up!

I remembered the scene that had unveiled itself at the hospital, barely a week ago, in front of my very eyes.

She's not dead!

Jordan was yelling, people were crying... nothing felt right.

She's alive, you idiots!

Eventually we had to try and calm her down; in the end she was just sobbing into CC's shoulder as he drove them and Aurelie home. Wynter had gone with them, too, as a comfort to Aurelie. Andy had offered to drop me home but I just sat in my car and drove. I didn't even realize I was home, all I could think about was Scream and nothing else.

I felt numb.

The next day we had gathered at CC's and Jordan had called Scream's family, trying to explain what had happened. It was a mess of rushed words, words that were muffled by her sobs and chocked back tears.

Now, a week later, we were standing here in sorrow. I had watched as people spoke to her parents. "We're sorry for your loss."

"Your family's in my prayers."

"I know how you must feel."

"I can't imagine how your feel."

It was all bullshit that somehow comforted everyone. I really couldn't explain it. Then I remembered when Jordan had stepped up to speak. Her words, at least, were actually meaningful and true. They had purpose.

"Scream was my best friend. We met in highschool and I am so glad we did, I have never been so grateful for a friend. Scream was... well, different. She was kind and caring, but at the same time she could beat the hell out of you-" she got some smiles and laughs out of that. She even managed a small laugh herself, "-and you couldn't ever exactly forget her. She'd leave some impression behind and you could think about her strange words for days. She was like that: unique."

She looked down, "Scream was... no, is... my best friend. she always will be and no one will veer replace her. If I could get her back, well I'd do it in a heart beat. I know I'll never forget her... Thank you..." She went to sit back down and she looked at me for a minute.

I knew that there was probably more she wanted to say but wouldn't, for everyone's sake. I knew she had regrets.

I knew losing her best friend was now one of them.

And she knew that I, in the same way, had regrets, too. She knew I wouldn't stop thinking about it for a long time.

I knew I would think about it day and night and wonder, if things went differently, what would've happened? So... my regret? Never telling the girl I loved that I really did love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annd that's the end of part 2.

OKAY SO I started school on Sunday, 10TH GRADE!! And I'm scared now cause the teachers keep saying the courses will be hard. The stupid school didn't even let us pick our damn subjects so we're stuck with what the school gives us :/

Anyway so my igcse's are next year and some people are doing them early and I'm kinda confused about them so if you have any advice at all I would really, really appreciate it! Oh also I bought a new notebook so I can write in between classes and lunch so updates might be more frequent now although I'm not sure.

Anyway I love you guys!

Vote and Comment, annnd if you're nice enough maybe follow? c:

~Scream<3