Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Aurelie's POV

I don't think I heard them right... "W-what?" I asked, hearing my voice crack and keeping a death grip on Wynter's wrist. I felt the panic in my heart, and anxiety rushing through my head. Surely I heard it wrong? I told them I wanted to be with my dad. Not my mom. As much as I - although I'm unsure - love her, I don't want to live with her.

Nope.

That's crazy.

Completely, insanely, madly crazy.

Living with her would honestly be a nightmare, because I know how much she hates dad now, and I know that she won't let me near him...

That's when the lady spoke.

"We find it best if you move in with your mother, Aurelie."

"W-Why?" I stared at my aunt Sammi who was tearing up; and I could see the broken look in my dad's eyes. Mom did this. She did something, I can tell that she did!

"Since your father is in a band, we presume he'll be touring for most of the time-"

"If he does, my Aunts Sammi, Ella, and Juliet will watch me."

"Yes, but that is not enough. According to this record," she lifted up a file, "you have run off from home many times." I looked down. "It's fine," she assured me, "but according to this, it was mostly in the presence  of your father?"

"And my mom! They were both there! They're always there!"

"Who would you prefer?"

"My dad!"

"And you're not saying this out of fear?"

"Wh... What? Why would I say that out of fear? I love my dad!"

"Well, it doesn't matter. Your mother said that secretely your father abused her? She suffered so that you wouldn't have to put up with it. She did it for you. We believe that your father would most likely be alcoholic, we don't need a child living in that kind of state."

This lady is crazy.

REALLY. FREAKING. CRAZY.

"You're insane." My dad stated, moving to stand next to me and grabbing my hand, which I clutched. "I'd never do that to Aurelie, she's the best daughter I could ask for, I'm not stupid enough to do that. You don't even have proof if I ever did that - which I didn't!"

"Mr. Mora, let go of the girl. She needs to go with her mother."

"She's not going anywhere."

At this point, Aunt Sammi had moved Wynter out of the way, so I grabbed my dad's arm and refused to move. I wasn't doing this. Not in a million years.

"We can charge this and have you taken away."

I gulped... I didn't want that to happen to dad... that'd mess up everything...

"I don't care."

"Mr. Mora." She spoke so sternly.

"Dad..." I whispered.

"Yeah, Aur?" He looked at me, I could see in his eyes that he really didn't want to let go, and, honestly, neither did I. Ugh, I hate this. I hate mom for this.

"Dad, I don't wanna mess anything up for you. Let go, I'll go with mom."

"But-"

"Dad, listen to me." I said, looking at him, I could feel myself tearing up, "This is bullshit." I smiled a little, causing him to laugh, "These people are crazy, but I don't want you to ruin anything for yourself; think of BVB. You guys need to start the new album soon, and warped, right? You can't do that in jail - even if it was for a stupid reason."

I hugged him.

"Look, I'll be fine. I know you'll figure something out anyway."

I was crying by then. I didn't wanna leave dad.

I didn't want to leave my uncles.

Or my Aunts. Not even hyper Aunt Sammi.

...I wanted to hang out with Wynter.

Why would I leave him....?

Of all people...

Dad had tears streaming down his face, too. "Aur..."

"Time to go, Aurelie!" Mom said, grabbing me and dragging me to her car.

"AURELIE!" Dad shouted, I saw Uncle Andy holding him back, "AUR!"

I cried and stared at them as mom opened the car door and shoved me into the backseat. I watched dad break down into Aunt Sammi's shoulder, and as I stared after them I caught Wynter's eye.

I could clearly see him tear up, and I mouthed four words.

"I love you all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we're watching Frozen :3 and then dad might get me more games for my DS! :D

Love you guys ^^

Tell me what you think!

...basically vote and comment :P

~Scream