Learning

After a troublesome night and a morning that had come earlier than you would have liked, nothing was better than a cup of coffee in a nice cafe with a good view.

You and Yukio had decided to pass your morning hours on the rooftop of a well-known high building that had a very expensive cafe there which you usually visited together only on special occasions for you couldn't afford it otherwise and the fact that Yukio had almost lost her life and the fact that Hoseok had accepted her under his care, had appeared as enough of a specially important occasion for her to decide to invite you to go to that cafe as she would be paying.

"Yukio are you sure you don't want me to help out with the bill? I understand you are excited but still, we both recall what the prices are here right?" You leaned to her and whispered to her as you still had your cup of coffee at hand, feeling slightly guilty over it even though you had agreed and rejoyced when she had brought it up.

"My grandma sent money to my account yesterday after I told her that the fox spirit praised me and accepted me as his underling. I brought great honour to our family she said and I have finally made her proud. She can die happily she said and she literally transferred all her savings to me. I am rich!" Her voice rose unintentionally as she was explaining to you the miracle that had happened to her life over simply some hours, leaving you completely staring at her in disbelief.

"What the heck? I thought your grandmother had nothing."

"Likewise, but apparently she had been hiding her fortune, which now is mine!" Her enthusiasm took over her making her scream only for you to hurry to leave your cup aside and hush her with your palm.

"Calm down. They will throw us out if you make a scene." You warned her and she nodded her head briefly before you pulled your hand away from her mouth, staring into each other's eyes as she definitely was still screaming inwardly.

"I seriously can't believe you got so lucky overnight. This is crazy!" You exclaimed, still finding it difficult to comprehend the information she had shared with you, that even though had nothing to do with you, was making you feel extremely happy for her.

"I am sure it was the blessing of the fox spirit. Whoever helps him always gets rewarded splendidly. I cried my eyes out till morning after I heard my grandmother say that she was proud of me. I don't know how did the fox spirit even know that it was my only wish to hear those words coming from her. It was my life goal and I got it. I am so grateful to him. I will lay my life at his disposal." You could see in her eyes how much she meant her words, which made you feel slightly weird for you couldn't really understand her but also happy for it surely must have meant a lot to receive those words from the person she always wished to be validated from.

"I am really happy for you however I do think that he is being unfair. Cause I have helped him to all this time and did he bring me anything but annoyance? Nope!" You commented making her laugh, for you had a point to a degree.

'He had already given you the greatest honour, however. He had given you the right to be linked to him by a seal. You are literally bound to each other."

"Excuse me, since then was that an honour? That's torture! Do you know that yesterday after he ate that so-called, cheap unworthy meal we provided him with, he stayed and precisely told me about the condition of each ingredient that he tasted and how they weren't worthy to be eaten not even by pigs for their quality was awful. And on top of that didn't vanish despite having gotten his energy back and I had to share my bed with him!" You started rumbling your complaints, shivering at the thought only of the sleeping conditions which you withstood.

"You could have gone to occupy the couch if you hated it that much," Yukio uttered, a sly smile taking over her lips that made you glare at her.

"And leave my bed to that ungrateful ass spirit? Never. I told him to leave but he convinced me to play it on rock paper scissors and- he is such a fraud!" Your words had her cracking up loudly for she couldn't help but find the fact that you thought you could win a  game against a trickster spirit, nothing more than hilarious.