Past

You were seated in class, your attention being far away from anything that your professor was speaking of as you could shake from inside you that uneasy feeling that got born this morning.

Was a Goddess really going to appear? And if yes, what if she finds something wrong with the seal? You sure wanted to break free from him but him losing his soul for it to be accomplished wasn't exactly what you were thinking of nor what you ever wished for.

Till this moment he had been nothing but an annoyance to you, the truth was but you could also understand till a point why. Not all could have had the chill and calm behaviour that he has with a practical stranger as you were for him, to which he had ended up literally linking his existence. 

If you were to take a moment and think from his side, maybe that move would sound way more bothersome for him than it is for you. A hundreds-year-old spirit was literally enduring your attitude and trying to adapt to your environment while he had years without leaving his forest. That itself must have been difficult for him cause if it were you, having to undertake such a drastic change would sure have been scary. Yet he did it.

What was it worth all this trouble? If he is in pain as much as you are with that seal and the situation altogether. Was he so lonely in that forest that decided to legit risk his entity for a bit of socializing or maybe he was in search of something? Maybe he wanted to find someone to break his curse and set him free probably way more than you want this seal to be broken.

If you were to think about it this way, it sure made you sad, imagining him trapped in that forest that once was his happiness and home and later it became the ground where the body of a dear someone of his, lay. How must he have felt, staying in that place and living the memory again and again? How must he have endured, all the smiles and happy moments he lived with her becoming so bitter as from what Yukio had said, he considered himself responsible for her death as well, and you could see why would he feel so.

If he was to have told her that he knew that she was lying to him maybe her guilt would have been soothed a bit, realizing that she wasn't fooling the person she loved. Yet if he had she may have realized that he was doing everything she asked even though he was aware just because he loved her so dearly and that might have backfired, making her feel more burdened. Oh well, the situation sure sounds complicated now in your head but no matter how much you were to think about it, the past wouldn't be able to change.

Lost in your thoughts as you were, you didn't even notice that the lecture had come to an end and the other students were already gathering their stuff to get out. You realized only when everything suddenly froze around you and Hoseok's voice echoed in your ears.

"It's time~Come" His words echoed in the atmosphere making you jump up from your seat, being already nervous about all this.

"Where?"You asked him as you hurried to grab your bag and rush out of the auditorium, ignoring the frozen people that you met even out of that room. Everything seemed to have frozen as if time had stopped. Everything but you that was.

It was weird, to say the least, but also frightening because the atmosphere had a different feeling. There was something that you couldn't find words to describe but it sure gave chills all over your body and made you feel a sense of fear.

Hoseok didn't reply to your question, yet you left your feet to take you wherever they wanted to, having faith that the link you had with him may somehow be leading you to where he was and that was how you found yourself at the rooftop of the building, in where after you opened the door and entered, at your sight felt a lady, shinning and more beautiful than anything you had ever laid eyes upon.