Unfair

You were walking with Yukio to your university since you had some classes to attend, looking tired because of the lack of sleep for your night had ended up being nothing more but unwanted thoughts full of questions.

You wanted to clear things out with yourself in order to know where you stand in this case. You as an individual of the now had no connection with the woman of his past, or so you wanted it to be. Other than the fact that you have the same face as her, you couldn't bring yourself to accept that she could have been you at some point in time because that would mean that this life is not your first and only one and that in itself was pretty wild to accept in a night.

It was abnormal and was against all you knew and believed about life in general but yet again Hoseok's existence itself was a contradiction to all you knew about life too hence ultimately all you had ended up doing, was falling into a dilemma and chaotic anxious thoughts that had kept you up all night.

As you went further in you so happened to come across Lola and Jake by the entrance. They both greeted you and Yukio with their usual smiles and happiness at seeing you before they both threw you some gazes.

"Woah you look horrible Y/N," Lola commented as she brought her hand towards your face to touch the dark circles under your eyes, but you casually grabbed her hand and pushed it away.

"Did you pull an all-nighter? Don't tell me we had some kind of exam and I forgot?" Jake panicked making you crack up a bit over the fact that he was attending classes yet still thought himself capable of missing the announcement of an exam.

"She was just overthinking about something she isn't willing to share." Yukio crossed her arms over her chest as she spoke, pretending to be slightly mad at you over the fact that you refused to tell her what your thoughts were about.

But they were not something you could talk so casually about even with her, because some thoughts were just too embarrassing, for you had been thinking of Hoseok's love conversation and that was still something that was making you flustered hence you had decided to pretend that it didn't happen. Along with the moment you two had in the bathroom.

" Are you still mad at him because he was dancing with that girl at the club?" Jake questioned you, and you quickly denied it. 

"I have no reason to be mad, really"

"You definitely were furious at the club though. You started drinking one shot after another. And I thought you have had a talk with him before you all suddenly left. " Lola recalled briefly as she wasn't believing you at that moment for she was certain that you were more than jealous that night.

" What did you say to him that night? He hasn't replied to my calls since nor have I seen him anywhere. Don't tell me you broke up?!" Jake started panicking at the thought and only because he had started liking Hoseok a lot and didn't want to lose his company because of your relationship falling apart.

"How could you break his heart like that? I told you he didn't do anything. Please take him back. Please. Please." Jake started pestering you, pleading and beginning on his knees, making you embarrassed over his actions that were causing passersby to stare.

" Get up you idiot. Have you lost your mind?" You forcibly grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him up while Yukio and Lola started laughing.

" I think Jake at this point would do anything to keep your rich boyfriend around. Let me guess, he paid for all the drinks at the club, didn't he?" Lola uttered making Jake feel slightly insulted for she was implying that he was a freeloader.

" First of all. The dude is so dope. He is so wise and taught me some technics on how to approach ladies and they totally worked. Second of all yes he did pay but that's not the point!" He tried to protect himself but his words made the girls start giggling again, including you.

"Oh, so you don't want him for the benefit of money but for the benefit of getting girls. Somehow that's worse" Yukio said and you all nodded making Jake feel defeated.

He sunk his head disappointingly until a voice greeted 'good morning' and drew the attention of them all as they simultaneously turned around to see Hoseok, dressed in a fine suit, and holding a small bouquet of red roses.

You instantly froze upon facing him and he just smiled as he approached you more, reaching the flowers out to you, for you to take but you just looked away instead before reluctantly reaching out to accept them.

" I don't mean to bother you however since I figured you wouldn't be in class yet I just passed by to ask you on a date Y/N" He was kindly smiling despite the fact that you were trying to ignore his presence.

" Say yes!"Lola nudges you with her elbow at the side right before Jake grabbed your hand and shoved the flowers closer to your chest, then proceed to reply in your stead.

"She will be there bro. Just give me the address." He reassured him and you snapped at him instantly.

"Yah! What right do you have to speak in my stead? I don't want to go! " You told Jake off then turned around and gave a stern stare at Hoseok who seemed pretty unbothered.

"I will pick you up at 8. Do make sure to wear something comfortable." Was all he replied before he winked at you and nonchalantly turned to walk away, ignoring your voice that called to him once or twice.

"The audacity this man has...seriously!" You stomp your feet on the ground momentarily annoyed by his behaviour but you were mostly annoyed with the feelings he so simply awoke in you.

The heart of that girl from the past was really sold out for him. There's no other explanation, why the heck are all these feelings flooding my heart so easily? Is she trying to invade me?

You grew anxious inwardly as you thought of that possibility but your mind was quickly snapped back to the conversation as Jake went on speaking.

"See, he is trying. Don't be jealous anymore and just make up with him" Jake's simple words made you turn at him and angrily slap the side of his arm, for him saying you were jealous over and over was ticking you off.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I am not jealous!" You stated then shoved the flowers into Yukio's arms and walked away with fast steps, trying to leave them all behind.

Their words had impacted you however so while walking in the corridors you started contemplating and ultimately you did realize that you were jealous but just not over what they were thinking about.

You were jealous that he came back ready to show his love to someone that had your face but wasn't you. You were annoyed that someone who looked so much like you was apparently his fated one. And his only way to express his love to her now was through you simply because you had her face.

You were jealous that he had someone that meant so much to him and that someone liked him back enough to have you feeling that chain inside you burning with aching to be closer to him.

Their love was strong but in the end, it just made you feel like there was no space for you in it. You felt like a vessel, a bridge between the two that the universe was using. A tool for them to connect but you were also a person on your own. A person that despite the mess, had started getting attached to Hoseok.

Hence it felt unfair. Now that he knew his past, he will be looking at you and only be seeing her.

He was in love with a you that you were no more.

---To be continued...