Shadow

You slowly opened your eyes as you woke up, hearing some faded voices in the distance. You blinked for a while till your vision started becoming clearer and you took better notice of your surroundings, realizing that you were still in your seat on the plane.

"Yukio?" You called out for her making her snap her head out of her phone and look your way with wide eyes.

"Oh thank God, you are awake. How are you feeling?" She was clearly concerned about you and you could tell by the way she was looking at you, however, you couldn't understand why as you didn't remember much. Everything was a blur in your head at that moment.

"What happened?"

"You fainted in the bathroom. I came to check up on you after you took too long." She explained, setting your mind to work, trying to recall. However, once you did you couldn't help but look around you panicked, searching to see him.

"Y/N? You are scaring me, What is it?" Yukio asked and you just looked into her eyes unsure if you should tell her or not thinking that she might think that you are losing your mind or something.

"The fox guy. I saw him in the mirror and he even talked to me." You admitted and Yukio's mouth hung open for a good five minutes as she just stared at you.

"The seal!!" She yelled suddenly, causing the attention of the other passengers to shift to her and her to lower her head and her voice as she pulled you closer.

"We didn't make it! Oh my! What do we do?!" She whisper clearly panicked, however, that wasn't helping much as you were already panicked enough for everyone on that plane at that moment.

"Stop stressing me out! How am I supposed to know? You are supposed to have knowledge of such..situations." You told her, not knowing if this actually could be called a situation or just a paranoid crisis.

"Ladies, ladies. No need to fight over me." The manly voice that was heard near your ear made both of you turn around simultaneously only to see nothing.

"What was that?" Yukio asked, now hella scared as she didn't dare move her neck in any other direction and actually, neither did you.

"That? I am not a that!" His voice sounded again, as if it was right next to you, a thing that send shivers down your spine.

You both hesitantly turned your heads to look ahead only to see nothing again, till a light knock reached your ears and you both turned your heads towards the window, your eyes growing wide as Hoseok came in sight, standing out of the aeroplane's window.

"Should I make you remember me forever?" He spoke, his voice now sounding as if it was coming really from outside, but you were flying in the sky, so many feet up the ground. How was it possible? You had thought.

After he said those words, he smirked, and the plane instantly dropped down out of nowhere, filling the room with screams and spreading panic.

The flight attendants immediately tried to calm the people down but all you could hear was his laughter before turning your head and seeing him standing outside the window, nonchalant.

"Say my name Y/N. You don't want to offend me again, do you?" He asked and Yukio immediately yelled at your side to do something, as you were frozen for the moment, looking at him

"Hose-Hoseok. Hoseok! I am sorry okay! Please." You exclaimed full of fear and he disappeared from your sight before you felt a soft warm air blowing against your lips, even though no one could be seen before you.

"Don't worry Miss. I will make you remember me forever." He whispered this time Yukio being unable to hear his voice as those words were for only you to hear.

His face suddenly flashed before you, a thin smile on his lips as you felt his fingers touch your bottom lip before his existence turned to smoke leaving no trace behind as if he was never there.

At that moment all you could do was blink while you stared at nothingness not knowing how were you supposed to react to this, and you would have stayed like that forever if it wasn't for the warm hand of Yukio that engulfed yours .whispering that everything will be alright just before you closed your eyes again.

---Time skip---

You and Yukio had just entered your shared apartment, feeling drenched to the bones from the long flight and mentally messed up because of a certain fox spirit that according to Yukio's explanation, was now linked to you and will follow you like your shadow if he pleases to do so.

To say that that news was a bomb over your head would be an understatement but the truth was that you hadn't been able to grasp fully that this was really happening. I mean who could just be okay with the news of a fox spirit following them around?

"I am going to my room. I need to rest. We will continue tomorrow the talk." You told her, referring to all the mythological explanations and information she had given you about how the spirits function according to her peoples' beliefs and how those spirits were well respected by her people.

Yukio nodded her head as she herself needed to rest but at the same time, she was worried about leaving you alone, even though she knew that she could not do much to help you in the situation that you had gotten involved with.

She herself couldn't believe that this was actually happening after all. She had grown up listening to stories about the great fox spirit that ruled the forest. A forest that was once so beautiful and the sun always would shine on it even on the gloomiest days. Of course, that was till The fox spirit was hurt and his heart from that day, never recovered to the colourful side it once was.

Yukio used to feel sad about the Fox Spirit while listening to her grandmother talk about him, but it was all just a bedtime story, that is till she saw him with her own eyes.

And now he had made a new seal and had won his freedom, getting himself loose of the curse that the gods put him as a punishment for seeking revenge from a human. A curse that Yukio knew from the stories that were forever to remain, till he was to get betrayed again by a loving hand, the way he did the first time his downfall began.

"Indeed Mr Great Fox Spirit has a sad story." She whispered to herself as she passed you by, her words falling onto your ears as your eyes with curiosity observed her, till she disappeared behind her bedroom's door.

You tilted your head confused at her statement as you entered your room, having only thoughts of sleep.

You left your suitcase at the corner of the room before proceeding to take off your clothes and then opened your closet finding a pair of pyjamas to wear.

After you changed you stretched your tired body, feeling sick and tired from the flight and then you slipped under your blankets, leaving out a small exclaim of pleasuring moans as you enjoyed the softness and the warmness that they started gifting you.

Your eyes were closed as you started to really love the softness of your pillow that felt like no other making you think that you had missed it, so you brought your hands up to it, to pull your pillow closer to you and at that moment his voice was heard behind you.

"It's not nice pulling on my tail without my permission Y/N." 

---To be continued...