The Way Out

You slammed the door behind you as you entered your apartment, having returned home alone, after a difficult day.

It was awful, the atmosphere in that auditorium after Hoseok had left. The room was filled with chatters that you knew well that included you but the most difficult part was Jake and the face he made as he misunderstood the 'owner' thing.

You tried to explain, telling him that he was joking and it was nothing weird but then the professor entered the class and you couldn't talk anymore and for the rest of the class he was awfully quiet.

He even acted awkward before leaving after class, not even inviting you to go somewhere together as he mostly does, or even walking you to Lola's and Yukio's auditorium.

I mean I understand why he would be freaked out but why be so bothered about it? It's not even what he is thinking.

You thought as you took off your shoes by the door and then walked farther inside, only to come face to face with an abnormal event going on in your living room.

The couches were moved to the side and there in the middle of the floor, there stood Yukio, surrounded by a circle made of lighten up candles and some weird signs drawn on the wooden floor, with white chalk.

"The heck are you doing in the darkness?"You questioned her as you approached her a bit more, letting your bag at the side of the couch that was farther than it used to be.

" You left classes earlier just for some witchcraft? "You added as after class that you had gone alone to pick her up by her auditorium and return home together as you usually do, Lola had informed you that she had already gone home.

" Shut up and get in the circle. You have no idea what I had to go through to get all these things." She told you as indeed she had suffered finding all these things after she had explained to her grandmother about the situation and the old woman had specifically instructed her to do these before telling you the solution to break the seal.

You did as she told you, carefully stepping inside the circle and seating opposite her, with an expression of fear and hesitation resting on your face.

"So, I talk with my grandmother and I told her everything." Yukio got immediately to the point and her words instantly grabbed your attention, making you lean closer, now all ears.

"Among many other things, She said that there is only one way to break the seal" She announced, making you gasp as well as get excited.

"Oh, my God! That's great, so there is a way." You raised your voice out of happiness but then you placed your palm over your lips, thinking that it wouldn't be good if he was to hear you.

"Don't worry, the candles and things I draw on the floor are supposed to be a stamp that prevents spirits from entering, meaning as long as we are in this circle, he can't hear nor see us." Yukio's words reassured and fascinated you, being the first time in your life that you were really hoping and believing at such stuff working properly.

" Oh, that's marvellous then. Finally some privacy. I may sleep in this circle for some days, don't erase it." You told her and she cracked up, soon slapping your knee for making her lose her seriously.

"Focus Y/N. This is serious." Yukio cleared her throat, before taking a deep breath and announcing to you the news that she personally wasn't fond of.

"The great fox spirit as I have told you is very famous in the area of where my grandmother lives. Elders always used to tell stories about him and so did my grandma but of course, they were just stories to the younger generation's ears." She started and you nodded your head, finding yourself relating with the thinking of the younger generation as you didn't believe in such stuff yourself. Till this occurred that is.