Helper

You had reached your university and were heading to your auditorium after you separated with Lola and Yukio with which you were talking for some minutes as you had gathered in the hall some minutes earlier than the lessons start. Considering that the time was coming nearer though, you parted so each would reach on time on their auditoriums and take a good seat.

"Oh! Jake! Hey~" You called at him once you saw him at the doorstep of the auditory and for some reason he looked down after seeing that it was you, not having the usual happy facial expression he has whenever he sees you.

"What's up? You look down." You told him once you got near enough to him, giving him a look of concern. 

"I am a bit sick. My head is spinning." He admitted in a really weak voice and you immediately grabbed a hold of his arm for support.

"Why did you come if you were in such a condition? You should be resting." You scolded him while you entered the room, helping him to get up the stairs to the last row where some seats were free for you to occupy.

"Is it really that bad? Want me to send you home?" You asked him as once you helped him seat down, he rested his head on the desk silently, looking in weak condition.

"We both know I can't skip this class. I will endure. " He murmured some minutes before the professor came inside, making everyone quiet down as well as you.

During the whole process of the lesson, however, you were unable to focus as you kept worrying about Jake who had let to move from the position you left him.  You wondered for a second what could have possibly made him into such a mess then you remembered that he was diabetic.

"What were you doing before coming here?" You questioned him in a whisper and he opened his eyes slowly before letting you know that he had an intense exercise session at Gym because he got into a small completion with some new guys that joined there.

"Are you stupid? You know that a sudden increase in exercise could possibly lower your blood sugar, right?" You reminded him and he replied that he had eaten a tortilla on his way here yet the dizziness still got to him.

"Apparently it wasn't enough. Where do you have your medication?" You asked while your hands had already reached his bag.

"I forgot to take it with me today. Why do you think I ate a tortilla instead?" You sighed at his reply, the situation making you anxious as not only he couldn't take the medication but also you didn't have any rich on carbohydrates food to provide to him.

"Just hang in there. Once we are out I will buy you whatever you want."You patted his hair a bit to encourage him then you looked at the time, being a bit more desperate for this lecture to come to an end.

---Time skip---

"Y/N!" Yukio called as soon as she entered your auditorium after she had received your text to come to help you with Jake since you weren't sure if you could support him on your own. 

"Here!"You waved at her so she would notice you at the back, among the many students that were still taking their leave. She hurried to reach to you as Lola followed behind her, both giving worrying looks at Jake who was keeping his head in his hands.

"Lola go find us a Taxi. I think we need to get him to the hospital." You instructed her, being scared by the time gap that had passed since he was like this so maybe a check-up would be better just to be safe.

"No need, I am okay."

"You shut up! How is this okay?"Yukio glared at him irritated with his denial as she really was someone who didn't like it when people neglect situations and take health issues lightly and since he was someone she cared about, it made her be even madder at the luck of his responsibility for his own health.

She started gathering his stuff angrily while Lola rushed outside and you gathered yours in order to get going as quickly as possible but as you placed your phone back in the pocket of your jacket, your hand touched a foreign object that after you took it out, recognized as a medication.

How did this appear here?

You questioned as this was looking exactly like the medication you had seen Jake carry around in case of an emergency and severe symptoms.

"Let's just take him home and buy give him some sugar for now. If it gets worse, I have this." You told your friend while showing her the medicine and she looked at it perplexed before grabbing it and examining it.

"You said he didn't have it with him" Yukio spoke, questioning if she remembers correctly the texts you exchanged while in lecture hours.

"That's what he said but apparently here they are." You replied right as Lola returned and informed you that the taxi was waiting outside. She and Yukio grabbed Jake immediately after and helped him stand, while you took his bag and followed slowly before them as they were taking slow steps.

As you were about to get out of the doorstep of the auditorium, you felt someone's presence behind you and turned around finding the auditorium empty as you were the last ones to exit from it. You shrugged, thinking that Hoseok's sudden appearances had started making you paranoid or something but as you turned back around and lifted your foot to take a step, you halted instantly, once your eyes noticed something white on the floor.

You took a look at your surroundings, questioning if someone might have dropped it even though you were sure that you didn't see it earlier but you dismissed that thought as you leaned and picked it up, recognizing the small white paper package as sugar.

"It's you isn't it?" You asked, knowing well that only one person could have possibly made something appear from nowhere, just like with the medication earlier however you took no reply from Hoseok whatsoever.

"Y/N~~ Hurry" Yukio's voice drew your attention and made you hurry to catch up to them even though you couldn't help but wonder why Hoseok was helping you.

A guy like him that seemed to only mess around and annoy people as well as only create problems for you and your life was actually being useful and helpful to you. It sure felt strange but also for a reason it made you feel calmer.

Maybe...he might be a better soul than he likes showing.

---To be continued...