Kiss

The day had gone by without much inconvenience after the morning talk and Jake had stood by your side in all your classes stealing glances towards you but ultimately not talking for he didn't want to risk getting you madder than you already seemed to be.

You had realized however that you were acting irrationally towards the end of the day so as your last lecture ended you looked at him and told him to walk with you.

He smiled before rushing to gather his things and walk by your side till the usual point where Yukio and Lola wait up to reunite with you.

" Are you still annoyed with me?" Jake questioned softly as you kept walking looking only ahead.

" I am not... Let's just forget about that and please don't mention Hoseok's name again. "

" I didn't....but you did" he timidly pointed out making you give him a momentary stare that was disrupted by Lola who threw herself at you unexpectedly.

"Y/n! Y/n! You won't believe what's happening outside. " She spoke full of eagerness leaving you giving her a confusing expression before you found yourself getting dragged out of the building by her and Jake following right by your side with much curiosity.

"What the-" Those few words escaped your lips at the sight of seeing the whole place covered with cherry blossom petals that were still falling from an unknown source. Leaving some people in awe staring at the sky and others enjoying this opportunity to dance outside among the falling petals.

" They must be fake 'cause obviously there are no cherry trees around here nor it's the season for them. But they still look so real!" Lola commented as she swirled around with her arms wide open, laughing full of joy.

It felt like a scene out of a fairytale. People were laughing everywhere, so much happiness was spread by such a gesture. Your eyes were shining looking at the petals falling and right then was when you felt Yukio's hand taking hold of you and leading you further outside.

You all started enjoying the moment, laughing as Jake was jumping around trying to catch petals and swirling like a kid with the joy of seeing their first snow.

It was serene and an experience most likely you wouldn't have lived easily hence you were smiling a lot, until your travelling eyes that were admiring the beautiful, took notice of Hoseok standing at the top of the gate of the university.

He was in his kimono robe with his tails all visible around him. A glorious nine-tailed fox that seemed as impressive as the first time you had seen him.

Unlike that time, however, you weren't scared of his figure now. Instead, you run towards him and once close enough, you gestured eagerly to him to get down and so he did, floating softly towards you.

" I see joy in your eyes. Does that mean that this humble surprise of mine succeeded to lift your mood?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow and you instantly hid your enthusiasm for you didn't want to give him the pleasure.

"It's nice... I suppose...a bit extra though..."You commented and Hoseok looked around him briefly only to end up nodding in agreement.

"Let me know what you like then. I will make sure to do better next time." He caught you by surprise with his words so you stared at him for a bit before replying.

" I thought you recalled your first life. Wouldn't you know better what the one you claim to love, likes most?"

" I do know what her likes were, but the likes of you now is something I have yet to discover well."

"Why would you bother? I am not her." You stated firmly as you looked into his eyes and he just took a step closer.

" Oh, but you are. You just aren't the Y/N I knew but you have the same soul. You are her living anew and I know you don't need my love now. What you need is to get rid of the love you had once for me." He reached out his hand and left it to caress softly on your cheek as he kept looking at you with a nostalgic gaze.

"Don't be afraid Y/N. There's no need to run away." He softly allowed his voice to echo around just as his tails started disappearing and his clothes changed to the suit he was wearing earlier that morning. Leaving you to understand that now he was visible to everyone and not just you.

Thankful most people were distracted by the petals and each other and none seemed to have noticed his sudden appearance out of thin air.

"Give that love to me and I shall return to where I belong." He brought his face closer to you and at that exact moment, the chains within you started moving in a rhythmic way that reminded you of the sounds of a heartbeat.

Unconsciously you reached out to him and clutch on some fabric of his clothes in a desperate manner, as if you wanted him to stay and he just softly placed his arms around you and leaned closer to your face.

"Kiss me, only if all of you wants to do so." He whispered while being at a breath's distance and you just tightened your grip on him, while looking into his eyes with a vulnerable gaze.

"Because I certainly want to kiss you, with all I am and I have ever been."

The feelings within you were like a storm. Feelings which you didn't consider yours, were screaming to you to hold onto him, pull him closer and utter to him a thousand I love yous. Those feelings were inflamed and had eyes only for him. This soul within you seemed to be longing only for him.

The heart of that past you felt like a battlefield full of chaos, pain and yearning to give love only to him. Whatever was that the past you had lived with him, was so real to the point that it could sway anyone's emotions yet you had not lost your self-control at that moment.

You were aware and knew how to distinguish what feelings were from the past and what feelings belonged to you in the now.

So when you tilted your head to the side and wrapped your hands around his neck, you couldn't deny to yourself that it was your decision.

The one that wanted to kiss him right that moment, was you and no one but you.

---To be continued...