N I N E T E E N

^Song: Silver Lining: The Neighbourhood.

I couldn't stop smiling while writing this..

This chapter has a very important playlist so here are the songs.

for their halftime:
Crazy in Love- Beyoncé
SOS- Rihanna
7/11- Beyoncé
Woman- Doja Cat
Already- Beyoncé

For the surprise during halftime:
Sparks- Coldplay
Ivy- Frank Ocean
Over the Influence- The Neighbourhood
Silver Lining- The Neighbourhood

A L E X

Ivy and I were having a picnic with the dog we decided to foster which wasn't smart because we ended up becoming attached but too busy to actually see her every day and give her the constant attention she needs so we had to give her to my dad but then my dad fell in love with Piper.

We try to take her on the weekends but my dad refuses and says they have a date at the Dog Spa. This man has changed into a softie and it's freaky because why the hell is his big ass at the Dog Spa?

Anyways, we were having a picnic and Ivy was playing fetch with Piper while I was taking pictures on her phone when her mom called.

I was a little confused because at Ivy's Daytona Nationals her father had another heart attack in the middle of her performance which not only took away the attention from her team but it almost threw Ivy off.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

TWO MONTHS AGO

A L E X

"Ivy why are your Nationals in February, they're normal after my playoffs and stuff," I ask her while putting her hair into a high ponytail.

"You keep asking me and I keep saying I have no idea. We had way less time but I know we're gonna be the best" She smiles while putting on her lip gloss.

"I love your confidence" I rub her shoulders and she squints at me.

"That was so backhanded Alex" She shrugs me off of her.

"I was just messing with you, you guys are 100% gonna win, I'll be out front," I tell her before showering her with kisses and heading out.

I'm with my parents and Andrew, funnily Andrew has a girlfriend, well she isn't his girlfriend, according to him they're taking things slow.

Her name is Jasmine and she knows all about Iris and she respects everything about it, honestly Drew kinda was rushing it and she was the one forcing him to slow down first.

I like her she's nice and she's a painter, so that means Drew took up painting too and it's been really therapeutic for him.

I invited her to come since Ivy has met her once and wanted to see her again but Jasmine thought that I would be disrespectful since it was Iris and Drew's thing.

Watching the girls come out they never fail to stun the crowd, as always Ivy's learning some difficult flips but she exceeding and landing it.

Just when she goes for a second one the judge is telling them to stop the music and to get an EMS.

Ivy looks confused and when Coach calls her from the stage Sasha and I go to check on her but turns out it's her dad.

He fell to the floor from a heart attack and needed to be transported to the near test hospital.

Daisy would have understood if Ivy chose to go with him but she shakes her head.

"He'll be okay" She shrugs it off going back onto the stage.