T W E N T Y E I G H T*

^song: i was never there- the weekend

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and I've never been pregnant so I do not know a single thing about pregnancy, all my information is from research so I cannot guarantee everything is correct. saying that to say please don't run with any of the information I put out because it may not be exactly right.

A L E X

"I told you she didn't kill her and now you just made her cry on her birthday" I walk past the counter and into the backyard where Ivy is pacing back and forth just taking deep breaths.

"Hey Iv, I'm really sorry I didn't mean to accuse you. I was just concerned that's all" My dad steps in before I can get a word out.

She looks at him after wiping her eyes trying to play it off.

"It's fine" Her lips roll into her mouth as she starts to look between me and him.

I V Y

(2 weeks later)
13 weeks pregnant

Three months pregnant. Last week of my first trimester. I didn't expect myself to actually be able to do this in all honesty.

It's been two weeks since my birthday meaning that today is June 25th and it's the day of my final ultrasound for this trimester.

Alex and I are driving to the gynecologist and he finally let me drive.

He's scared that I'm fragile and that we're gonna crash and I'm gonna completely die. I've driven a lot lately but he's just so overprotective sometimes.

"Alex can you stop holding on to the handle like that" I glare at him since he's acting like I can't drive.

"Ivy just let me turn the wheel and you can put your foot on the gas" Exactly what I mean.

"Don't be a dick, I know how to drive" I make sure to purposely stop short when we get to the red light.

"Jesus Ivy. Okay okay, I'm sorry" He widens his eyes but I just smile slightly.

When we finally get there he's opening my door and helping me out.

Him and I have decided to act like this whole Layla thing never happened. We had nothing to do with it and we're having a baby soon so we're not putting ourselves in a position to have drama.

Surprisingly we've been left alone about it as well. They suspected that it was someone from her jail getting back at her and they made a woman- Joann White- a suspect since she didn't escape the same prison Layla was in 5 hours before her murder.

It makes sense but it almost makes too much sense. However, I'm not in the BAU so I'm not getting fixated on it.

Alex and I sit in the waiting room for a little until finally, we see a nurse calling us in.

I get comfortable and sit on the little bed waiting till Daniel finally walks in.

"Good afternoon Ivy and Alex," I told him I'd rather him call me by my name especially since we're not too far in age and it almost feels uncomfortable to call me Mrs.

We go through the basics he asks me how I've been feeling, I get checked up and finally, we're at the ultrasound part.

"So I've noticed that you've blown up since our last ultrasound" I just awkwardly laugh because that's a question I've been having.

I know my stomach isn't huge clearly, however, I also know that most people don't really show as much as I am at this stage, but everyone's bodies are different.