T H I R T Y E I G H T*

I V Y

(25 weeks pregnant)

We're now in the middle of august and it's Andrews's birthday.

Unfortunately, his family loves to be extra so we're having a dinner.

We all know how dinners go.

My twins kick a lot more than they used to so I barely sleep.

"Ivy come on, we have to shower and get dressed" Alex tugs at my ankles.

"Leave me the fuck alone" I throw my pillow at him and throw the blanket back over my cold body.

"Ivy we need to be there f-" but I cut him off.

"I don't care. I couldn't sleep all night and I had to run errands this morning and I finally got to close my eyes, please don't make me go out. Please" I groan from under the cover.

"Ivy Andrews's birthday is today and our gender reveal is tomorrow. Let's just get through the rest of today and if you wanna sleep through our party then you can" Being pregnant was fun up until a week ago when the twins started kicking so hard.

It doesn't hurt but it is super uncomfortable, uncomfortable to the point of sleepless nights.

"Alexxxx" I groan.

"Fine, we don't have to go" He shrugs and I watch as he takes his shirt off and his pants as he gets into the bed with me.

"Really?" I widen my eyes scooting closer to him.

"Yeah if you really don't want to go we can just lay here all day" He starts to rub my back.

"It's not that I don't want to go, I'm just sleepy and I have to wash my hair, and blow it, and press it, and find clothes to wear. It's just a lot of standing and I'm tired" I would still go even if I was tired but then there's my hair and I really don't want to do my hair.

"I thought you weren't gonna straighten it?" Alex furrows his brows. I took my hair out after three months because it was looking like a bush on top of my head.

I just didn't realize that it's been out for so long.

"I wasn't going to but the last time I straightened my hair was when I was like 13 so I kinda wanna try it" I shrug.

"I can help you, I used to help wash my mom's hair when she was pregnant and I can help you. I watch you do it all the time" He sits up.

"What if we're not finished in time and it's just gonna frizz up" I sit up with him.

"Then do one of those ponytails you always do. When you lay it back and stuff" That's actually not a terrible idea.

"But I would still end up straightening it if I want it to look really nice. Maybe I should just slick it back into a puff" I shrug.

"You should do that" Alex agrees like he understands what I'm talking about.

I know he's been catching on to more hair-related terms, he kept asking about my hair's porosity. It's cute sometimes though.

He's really been helpful these past couple of weeks, and I'm grateful for him.

"Well, then I guess we should go" I shrug while moving over to the side of the bed so I could get up.

Before I even stand Alex is sweeping me off my feet and carrying me into the bathroom.

"Jesus Christ" I widen my eyes when he sits me down on the sink.

I honestly just feel like a huge balloon if anything.