F I F T Y O N E

A L E X

"I'm kinda missing being pregnant" Ivy mumbles and my eyes immediately widen.

Is she out of her mind? Pregnant Ivy was terrifying, the mood swings? I don't think I can do that again.

We're sitting in the venue because Ivy wanted to breathe down the decorator's neck while they decorate.

She wants it to be perfect for Kimani and perfect means watching the decorating team making sure everything is to a T.

"Why are you putting the red roses over here if my diagram said to have it specifically by the ice sculpture?" Ivy stands up grabbing the roses out of the man's hands.

"Red roses stay by the ice sculpture and white roses stay by the seats, it's as simple as that. I didn't pay and hire you for you to not follow the planner" I can see a vein popping out her forehead and just like that it's my cue to step in.

"Iv-" I get ready to cut in but she puts her hand up silencing me.

"I printed out 50 copies of how this place should look and you all have one, follow the planner" She drops her clipboard and walks away.

Oh my, I hope it won't be like this for our wedding, Ivy is gonna drive herself to drink.

"Ivy, what the hell was that?" I walk up to her.

"I need this to be perfect, especially for Kimani, she's my best friend" She keeps walking till we're in a private room.

"You should go check on Sasha and I'll see where Ki is getting with her makeup" She finally goes in the opposite direction of me walking probably heading to where Kimani is getting ready.

"Was that Ivy snapping on another one of the workers?" Sasha asks almost scared.

"Yes, she's terrifying why didn't you hire an event coordinator?" I know how Ivy gets, trust me that's my fiancée, however, it still scares me to this day.

"I did and then Ivy fired her because Kimani told Ivy that the coordinator kept throwing in her two cents and not following what Ki wanted" In all honesty I don't blame Ivy, if someone wasn't following my direct orders for my wedding then I'd be pissed.

"You should've found a new one, we all know out of all of us Ivy is the scariest and I have a knives for brains father so" I look at Sasha.

"Yeah but that's just how she is she goes hard for her friend-" But we're cut off by yelling.

"Yuh nuh kno wah yuh doing?" When Ivys yelling or when she gets angry she loves to turn on that switch and start speaking with her accent.

I personally enjoy it but I know the workers won't.

"Wah mek yuh du dat?" I take the executive choice to start walking towards where Ivy was supposed to be since she's too busy yelling up a storm.

"Ivanna" I grab her by her arms pulling her out of the room.

"I said go to Kimanis room not that one" I stare at her.

"I know but when I saw how they were decorating the cupcakes? Hello? We said roses and dead dandelions" Ivy groans.

"Okay, I think that you and I need to leave and go someplace and let the workers do their job, as much as I know you want this to be perfect you're going to drive yourself to drink trying to micro-manage everything." I start to pull her in the direction of the exit.

"Tell us if you need anything, emergencies only" I shout to Sasha before stepping out of the venue.

Kimanis wedding is in 8 hours it's 9 am and Ivy and I have to be ready for 4 pm meaning it's very hectic.