F O R T Y F I V E

A L E X

The next 6 weeks fly by faster than I expected, it's the week before Christmas and I don't think I've felt more content in life.

There are around one or two more games until the playoffs and our babies are officially over a month old and I swear they're growing already.

Ivy's holding Atlas in her arms while walking around the tree and leaving candy canes around it.

"I know right" I agree with Soleil as she coos random babbles smiling at me.

I think Ivy and I have gotten the hang of this baby thing.

Soleil cries loudly when she's hungry and Atlas whines when he's hungry. Soleil whines when she's sleepy and Atlas cries when he's bored.

It's little things but I'm understanding it.

Ivy, on the other hand, she's like a super mom. For some reason, she knows when the babies are awake even when they're in a separate space.

She can hear them crying and whining even when they're far away and it's faint. She's so damn good at it.

Meanwhile, while I was changing Atlas' diaper he peed on me. Which I get it, my fault for not shielding him and being quicker but still.

I think he's out for me if anything, he's always sucking on Ivy's boobs and cooing for her. Anytime I touch her he whines, sneaky bastard.

"Yeah Sunny baby I know your mommy is giving Atlas so much attention. Don't you think daddy wants to suck on her boobs too" I know Soleil doesn't actually understand what I'm saying, I don't understand her coos either.

She coos more and I just agree with her.

"Soleil you're getting a little bit too political now" I rub her belly, she started smiling yesterday and since then she doesn't stop. She's so adorable.

"What are you two talking about?" Ivy turns to us.

She's been better than before. She smiles more and it actually reaches her eyes.

She still doesn't like to take her clothes off in front of me and she doesn't like me touching her too much.

She still barely eats but I've been having meals with her hoping that it makes her feel less guilty.

"You" I bluntly say and she laughs going to give me Atlas.

"Oh no, no no no Atlas is gonna scream and cry he only likes you" I semi-laugh at her.

"No he doesn't he loves you" She smiles, I swear he's evil. He's smiling now but when he looks at me he's serious.

He's trying to take my place.

"Ivy he's evil" I whisper hoping he doesn't hear.

"Don't be ridiculous, he's adorable look at his chubby little cheeks" She kisses his lips and his cheeks.

Before I can respond Sasha and Ki are coming in all bundled up.

They took Bella on a walk in her stroller just to get air. 

"Are you baking?" Ki asks me seeing the flour everywhere and Soleil on the table.

"I was trying to make cookies and Soleil kept talking so I decided she and I should just have a convo" They always look at me like I'm delusional but Soleil does speak to me.

"Okay well, clean it up so I can cook" Sasha opens the fridge.

He and Kimani have been in on the whole eating with Ivy kick as well.