T H I R T Y N I N E

A L E X

We were supposed to find out the sex two weeks ago but Ivy got really sick.

We both weren't sure if it was the flu or just bad allergies but she had a wet cough and a runny nose and she always felt faint anytime she got up.

So we went to the doctor and turns out didn't have the flu, it was just common cold.

However, she was put on bed rest for two weeks just in case it gets worse or if she feels faint again which was why we couldn't have the party.

She was still up for it regardless of her cold because she felt bad for canceling but I didn't want her to get anyone else sick or for her to get even sicker.

So I stayed in the bed with her for two weeks. I fed her soup and tea and gave her foot massages and I even watched all seven seasons of pretty little liars with her, twice.

Finally, at 28 weeks she's feeling much better and the babies are just fine so we decided the party is gonna be for today, and the baby shower would be for next week.

It's the first week of September so I just know that our babies are gonna be October babies which is great because Ivy's favorite holiday is Halloween and she can find cute little baby costumes.

I have to leave because the first official game starts this weekend but I'll be back for the baby shower.

Between the Green Bay Packers, La Rams, Dallas Cowboys, and New England Patriots it was definitely a hard choice.

However, I, of course, went with the Patriots.

It's not too far from home and the salary is great for a rookie.

"So when do you leave?" Ivy asks while sitting on the sink and eating Ice cream.

"Tomorrow night" I mumble and she slightly frowns.

"I thought it was the day after tomorrow. Now, who's gonna eat leftover cake with me?" She pulls onto my hands.

"I know, I tried to get it extended but they want to put me in the first game so I have no choice but to leave earlier." I rub my hands on her thighs.

I feel like my eyes could be fooling me but I swear I see tears start to form in her eyes.

"Ivy, are you crying?" I furrow my brows and she shakes her head while helping herself off the sink.

"No" She straight up lies while sniffling and turning around.

"Iv" I turn her around and here she goes full-on sobbing.

When I first told her a week ago she cried for an hour and now she's crying again.

I think it's pregnancy hormones.

"Ivy if you really don't want me to go I won't go, just say the word" I lift her chin and wipe her eyes.

"No I want you to go it's what you've been working for since you were like 7. I'm just gonna miss you, you're gonna be all the way in Massachusetts and that's like so far from home and there's nothing to do over there and-" She cuts herself off with sobs.

"Ivy stop crying our party is today and I'll eat cake with you all through tonight and tomorrow morning." I hold her head in my hand and plant a kiss on her lips.

"Can we watch tangled tonight?" She asks.

"You're the boss don't ask me" I remind her.

Finally when the time comes our house is full of people and Ivy and I are sitting in the kitchen waiting around.