01-The Storm

You feel shivers go down your spine as another flash of lightning appears outside your window

You feel shivers go down your spine as another flash of lightning appears outside your window. A loud crash of thunder makes your heart pound faster then before. You were currently home alone with the power out and a huge storm outside. You have had a fear of storms ever since you were young, which made the situation even worse. You could feel tears coming down your cheeks causing your makeup to run. "It's just a storm, it's just a storm," you mutter to yourself quietly as the rain hits your roof. You suddenly hear a knock at your door. You stand up wiping away your tears and slowly open the door. You look up and immediately lock eyes with your boyfriend, Luke, who was staring at you with a concerned look on his face. "Luke!" You exclaim wrapping your arms around him tightly. After a few seconds you let go because he was completely soaked. "Can I come in?" He asks softly, his voice raspy and quiet. "Of course, I will get you a towel and some clothes to change into." He steps into your house and waits patiently for you to return. You quickly run into the bathroom and grab a towel and then some clothes for him to wear. "Here babe," you say passing him the clothing. Luke was upstairs changing and you decided to stay downstairs. You continue to hear thunder and see cracks of lightning through the sky. After a few minutes Luke still hadn't come downstairs. "Luke..." you speak nervously into the darkness. No response. You sit down on the floor and cry onto your lap. A few moments later you hear a soothing voice say "Awww baby don't cry. It's only a storm." Luke comes and sits next to you and wipes away you're tears with his thumb. He holds you close, rocking you back and forth while singing 'A drop in the ocean' to you. You glance up into his beautiful bright blue irises and grin wildly. "Why are you smiling like that?" He asks. "I'm just so lucky to have you Lukey," you say nestling your head into his chest. "I love you," he whispers into your ear as he kisses your cheek. "I love you too," you reply. Soon you fall asleep safely in his arms.