48-You're Best Friends And He Likes You

Luke and you have been best friends since you were little. Tonight Luke's band, '5 Seconds Of Summer', were doing a concert in your hometown. He invited you to watch the show and hang out afterwards to catch up on things. You obviously agreed to come since you loved watching him perform and you were always supportive of his music. You also just really missed him.

What you didn't know was that, Luke has had feelings for you for years now, but was always afraid to tell you since he thought it could ruin your friendship. But he finally decided that he wanted to tell you how he felt tonight. The only issue was, was that you had a boyfriend that Luke didn't know about.

While Luke was on tour, you met this guy named Steven and you went on a few dates. You normally told Luke everything but for some reason, you never really got around to it. You thought it would be a good idea to invite Steven to come to the show, so that they could meet in person. Luke was a very sweet guy and you knew he wouldn't mind you bringing one extra person with you.

~

The show was starting in a few minutes, you and Steven took your seats in the front row. After a few moments of waiting, the boys soon ran out on stage. Once Luke spots you in the crowd, his handsome smile turns into a frown when he sees Steven. You couldn't understand what he was getting all upset about.

Throughout the entire concert, Luke wouldn't make eye contact with you. He basically pretended you weren't even there.

After the show had finished, you talked to his bandmates, Michael, Calum and Ashton, for a little while until Luke came and joined you. Luke's eyes shifted to your hand which was holding Stevens hand.

"Hi I'm Steven," he introduced himself.

Luke completely ignores him and asks "Y/N can I speak to you for a moment?"

You agree and walk to his dressing room so that your conversation would be more private.

Once you two were alone Luke begins with "who is he?"

"He is my boyfriend," you reply.

His face drops and he stares down at the ground, while playing with a loose string hanging from his shirt.

"Luke what has been up with you lately? And why were you so rude to Steven?" you ask.

"Nothing alright I'm fine! I gotta go," he says coldly as he pushes past you and heads for the door.

"I thought we were hanging out?" You tell him as he stops in his tracks.

"Maybe another time...I'm tired," he lies. You could always tell when he was lying because he would bite his lip.

With that he closes the door and leaves you alone in his dressing room.

"What was that about?" Asks Ashton as you make your way back over to the others.

"Yeah he just left the arena without saying anything," adds Michael.

"I don't really know. He just got all angry when I told him that Steven was my boyfriend."

The boys all looked at each other.

"Well the thing is...don't tell Luke I told you but he has had feelings for you for a long time now. He was planning on telling you tonight..." Calum explains.

I suddenly felt bad. I grabbed my jacket and made my way outside, in hopes I would find my broken hearted best friend on the streets. Luckily he hadn't went too far, since I spotted him immediately. I ran after him, dodging people left and right.

"Luke!" I called out.

He turned around at my call and our eyes clicked.

"I'm sorry that I brought Steven tonight. I should of asked you first and I should of told you about him," I apologize.

"What does he have that I don't?" Luke blurts out, a hurt tone in his voice.

I stand in silence and shift awkwardly on my feet.

"I doubt he'll ever be able to love you like I would."

"Luke I'm not just going to leave-"

"Save it. I don't want to hear it." With that Luke left.