Chapter 2

Maia

I'm aware that I'm staring at this guy for a bit too long. I mean, how do you speak to someone who looks like he was a God in his past life?

After a beat, I finally say master the words in my throat, "You must be in a rush if you didn't see me." I dust myself, face as straight as possible.

He lifts a brow and stares into my eyes. Eyes that make me feel hot all of the sudden.
"You were on my way." He clips as he walks past me, not even sparing me a second glance.

Unbelievable.

I scuff and flip him off in my head before I plaster a smile on my face with determination to not let anyone ruin my day.

I make my way to a small café that was almost at the exit of campus and grabbed myself some food. I'm sitting by myself, looking outside the huge window and observing the large groups of students. Everyone seems to have a specific type of people they hang around with, and most of them fit in with each other. My eyes trail to where a large plot of grass resides, about seven trees standing several feet away from each other. The overgrown trees give shade to a couple of picnic tables. 

From the corner of my eye, I see a tall figure approaching me. I look to see it's Danny. His eyes danced on me and his lips cracked a smile when he sees me looking at him.

"Hey Maia, nice seeing you here," he says and points to the empty seat in front of me.
I nod, telling him he could have a seat.

"Hey Danny, how are you?"

"I've been good. Just busy running around and  preparing for the party tomorrow"

"Party?" I ask as if he's speaking foreign to me.

"Yeah, we are throwing one since school is starting soon. You should come by tomorrow, that way you get to meet everyone." He tells me with a smirk.

I'm tempted to tell him yes, but I'm actually debating whether or not I should waste my time at a party when I know people won't even like me. I hate to feel this way but back in California, it was hard for me to have friends because people just didn't seem to like me. What makes this place any different? Plus, school is almost starting I should probably familiarize myself with the place and not waste my time partying.

"I don't think so, but thank you for the invite," I tell him while looking out the window.

Danny lets out a deep breath before speaking again "Come on, it'll be fun. You won't be alone if that's what you're worried about. I'll be there and so will Alyssa." He says with a small smile.

I look at him, his smile makes me smile in return.

Danny pouts his lips like a child begging to go outside and I can't help but giggle and give in.

"Fine. What time and where is the party?" I roll my eyes playfully.

Danny tells me the party's information and we both eat while talking. He's pretty nice. I don't think I e ever laughed so much in my life, which thinking about it it's kinda sad. But there's no room for any dreadful thoughts when I'm with him.

I don't overlook the number of times his eyes stay on me a second too long or the way he smiles at all the stupid things I say. I'm so happy I'm already making friends.

————————————

I got to my room almost an hour ago and the room was still empty. No sign of my roommate. I can't help and wonder why is it that she hasn't been here. Maybe she's visiting her parent.

As I'm finishing putting my PJs on, the door to the room swings open, the loud thud of the door smacking the wall making me jump. A black-haired girl walks in. She's tall and really tan. Her eyes were almost shaped and her nose was pointy. She's beautiful.

My eyes go from my roommate to the tall and very familiar guy walking right behind her. His dark hair is messy, a strand of hair falling to his forehead when he laughs at whatever she said. The sharpness of his jaw doesn't go unnoticed either. His lips are pink and just perfect.

A silent gasp escapes my lips when my eyes meet his browns orbs. Mystery descending from them. Frankly, they were the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. 

I snap my eyes back to my roommate who's still laughing at whatever joke was said, a small dimple denting from her left cheek. I can't help but wonder why are they together. How do they know each other?

One of my questions was answered when she grabbed him by the hand and pulled him close to her. She tippy-toed and pecked him on the lips. His eyes stay open, still on me. It doesn't seem like she has noticed me yet. Awkward.

I turn to face the wall, not wanting to see any more of what's happening in front of me. However, I feel his eyes on me.

Suddenly, I hear her gasp loudly, instantly making me turn to face them once more.
Great, she noticed me finally.

"And you are?" These are her first words. Annoyance clearly emanates.

"Hi, I'm Maia," I say awkwardly.

"Right, well do you mind leaving so we can have a moment?" she says and pointing her thumb over to him and then at herself. Her eyes glared at him for a second when she notices his eyes are on me.

What's with everyone staring at me for so long?
I let out an annoyed sign. Feeling tired all of the sudden, not wanting to leave my room so she can be here alone with him.

I slowly shake my head, "sorry, I'm tired and want to just go to bed." I tell her before turning around and slipping under my bed. Pulling the rough blanket over my face but lowing it enough to still peek at him through it.

I see her rolling her eyes before turning to face him. "Why don't we go to your room instead?" She asks him, rolling her finger up and down his chest.

"Nah, not today. I have a business to attend to." He tells her as he backs away and turns to leave our room but not before he gives me one last glance over his shoulder.

Well, this is going to be interesting.

_________________