Chapter 18

Michael

I see red. It's taking everything from me to not beat the shit out of Mark right now. The guy is like a brother to me but right now, I want nothing else but to see him fucking dead.

Without a second thought, I grabbed Maia by the arm and dragged her outside with me. Ignoring all mouth full of intrusive words leaving her beautiful lips. As soon as we reached the parking lot, I let go of Maia's arm.

"I fucking hate you. Can't you just leave me alone already?" Her words slur and she attempts to take a step closer to me but nearly ate the floor instead.

"I'm taking you to your dorm," I tell her, fishing the car key from my pocket.

"Ah, no you're not. What happened, did you get bored of Sophia's pussy already? I mean it was about time it happened, I truly don't see what you see in her. She's so-" she stops speaking as soon as a laugh escapes my mouth, her eyes narrow at me, pouting like a child.

"It's not funny." Rolling her eyes for the third time this night.

"Get in the car, Maia," I demanded, looking for the blunt I know I had in one of my pockets.

"And if I don't?" She crosses her arm to her chest.

Taking an annoyed deep breath, I walk towards the passage's side, open the door and gently push her sexy ass inside but not without any protest.

I lit my blunt, taking a few long puffs before getting into the car and driving towards the school campus.

"Ugh, it smells like drugs in here." She fans her hand in front of her face.

"Yeah." That is all I say.

"Where did you leave Sophia?"

"At the club."

I can feel her staring at me. Trying my best not to look at her, I inhale more smoke.

"Are we going to fuck?" Her voice was gentle, her arm reaching for my thigh.

Chocking on smoke I cough a couple of times, making my eyes water in the process.

"You're drunk, so no," I tell her, this time giving her a quick look.

Maia lets out a deep long breath before staring out the window. Minutes pass and the silence starts to feel heavy. Clearing my throat, "why'd you kiss him?"

Closing her eyes for a second, Maia shakes her head and passes a hand to her unruly hair, "I don't know. I guess to make you jealous." She finally says.

"Hmm." That is all I can manage to say back. Truth is, that was Mark she kissed, the motherfucker is the only person in this world whom I trust, and trust me, I don't trust anyone. That's why I didn't beat him to an inch of his life right then and there but when I see him I might teach him a lesson anyways.

"That's all you have to say?" She snaps.

"What do you want me to say? I'm happy you kissed my best friend?" The words came out angrier than I planned.

She visibly pales, her eyes widen and I think I heard her gulp. She's mentally slapping herself for kissing my best friend of all people. I mean, she didn't know but it doesn't make it any less okay.