Chapter 8

Maia

I quickly get on my feet, " What the fuck is your problem?" I yell over the music at Michael while attempting to push him away before he could land another hard punch at Danny.

Michael stares at Danny before locking eyes with me and walks away shaking his head. I'm right behind him, yelling at him about how stupid he is and how he shouldn't have done that but he doesn't even acknowledge me or my words.

Soon enough, we are outside the club and I can finally hear myself think without the loud music. Nearly twisting my ankle from missing a step I grabbed Michael by the arm, "Explain yourself" I give him a pathetic death glare, crossing my arms waiting for an explanation I know I won't get.

"Why are you here? You don't seem like the kind of girl that clubs around and flirts with thousands of boys." His tone is almost monotone.

Who does he think he is? He doesn't even know me and he's assuming I will be flirting with anyone.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I'll let you know right now that you don't know anything about me. How dare you insinuate I just go around flirting? What's it to you anyways?"

"Just go home. I don't have time for this shit" he attempts to walk away once more but I grab him once again.

"Don't walk away from me, tell me! What's your problem?" I can feel my eyes getting hot and watery.

Silence. That's all he gave me. Fucking silence.

"Fine, just leave me alone. And stay away from Danny and me." I yell at him before turning around and entering the club again.

When I go inside, I make my way to where Danny is. As soon as he sees me, he pulls me into a warm hug. I can feel the tension in his body being released a bit. He didn't deserve to be hit.

"Are you okay?" I ask him almost embarrassed at what happened.

I go to grab his face to see how much damage Michael's fist had done. I can see a bruise forming underneath his right eye. I go to touch it but he groans at the slightest touch.

Pulling my hand away, he gives me a reassuring smile and nods his head. "I'm okay. He's just an asshole."

"I tried to ask him why he did that but he wouldn't tell me." I put two hands on each of his shoulders. "Don't worry, I told him to stay away from us."

Danny wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a backbreaking hug. I like to be under his embrace. He feels so hard and muscular.

We make our way to the dance floor. We start to dance to some sensual song and I'm feeling hot all of the sudden. Our bodies grind together at the waves of the song and I can feel something hard pressing against my back. Right now, all I want to do is forget Michael and enjoy my time with Danny.

I turn around to face him and I'm met with lust in his eyes. I think we both are feeling this heat between us. As we are swaying to the beat of the song, I can feel Danny's hand grabbing my ass. I don't move his hands, rather, I wrap my arms around his neck and get myself closer to him.

Danny looks down at me, licking his lips. He leans down and kisses me with hunger. I still feel a bit tipsy but not as before. Our tongues are dancing together and I let out a soft moan, which encourages him to deepen the kiss and harden the grip on my ass.