Chapter 7

Maia

The rest of the week went by fast. I stayed focused on school and was super busy doing homework and research for my psychology class.

I haven't been staying in my dorm except to sleep and get my stuff. I've been avoiding Sophia like the plague.

I've also been avoiding Michael. I can sense him staring at me when we are in Mr. Cruz's class.
I was serious when I said I will never give him the time of day again. I just wish it wasn't as hard. The other day, Michael was talking with his friend and he was smiling and it was hard for me not to stare at him like a freak.

I've been staying after class to get more info about my assignments. I must say, Mr.Cruz, is really helping me understand. I must admit I go more than I should just so I can have a minute alone with him. I mean the guy is HOT.

——————————————-

"We need to go out! It's Friday and the body knows it!" Alyssa says through the phone.

It's 7 pm on a Friday so I think I should give it a try. She wants to go to a club. I've never been to one and I'm curious if it'll be fun.

"Fine! But you have to come to get me. I don't want to walk all the way to your dorm." I say trying to hold in a laugh.

"Deal! I'll be at yours around 9:30" she says as we hang up.

I still need to finish some homework and then I'll go shower and get ready.

What do you wear to a club? I probably should have asked her.

Sometime later I'm in the shower and I hear the bathroom door open.
I wrap myself around my towel and exit the stall.

As soon as I step out, my head snaps to the left just to see Michael and Sophia making out against the shower wall.

They could of at least gone inside a stall. Get a fucking room.

I rush to leave the bathroom quickly. I hate him. Why is he everywhere?

Getting inside the room, I get rid of any thoughts about him and Sophia and get straight to get dressed.

I think I've tried about 20 different outfits and I don't seem to find anything I feel like it's "club" appropriate.

I sit in bed feeling defeated.

The dorm door opens and Sophia walks in. Of course, Michael is behind her like a lot puppy.
Sophia tells him something in his ear and he chuckles at whatever it is she said.

"Um, you can't settle on something to wear, I see," Sophia says with a raised brow.

"Ah, no. I don't know what you would wear to a club." I say shyly. I don't want them to think I'm not cool just because I've never been to a club before.

"That light green dress would be good for a club," Sophia says while picking up the dress and inspecting it.

I take the dress from her and walk over to the long mirror against the wall. I put it over my body as if to see if it would look good.