Chapter 23

Michael

"How could you do this to me? I thought we were friends!" Linda attempts to pull away from my heavy grip.

How the fuck did she know where I was? I'll shoot a text to Mike later. He better has a good reason as to why I wasn't notified that Linda was following me.

"I fucking should have known you were a fake bitch. I mean, it's all over your ugly face." The crazy bitch bites my arm drawing blood and I pushed her off me on instinct, but soon take large steps towards her before she's able to touch Maia again, who flinches.

"I won't ask you again to behave." I grab her by her nape hard and make her look at me.

"Really? Do you care that much about her? Since when have you been seeing her?" She pulls her hair out of her face to give me a good look at her angered face.

"That's none of your business. What are you doing here?"

Linda takes a deep breath before she answers me, " I went to campus to meet up with a friend but imagine the shock when I saw this hoe getting into your car. But even more surprising was when you opened the fucking car door for her." She lets out a disbelief laugh.

"I-I didn't know you were seeing him. I actually thought I was the only one he was seeing. But I guess the bad boy will never change." Maia answers Linda before I get the chance. The hurt on her face makes me want to put a fucking bullet into Linda's head.

Letting go of Linda, I stand near Maia just in case she tries to strike again.

I turn my face to Maia who's avoiding eye contact, "it's not what you think. I do not see--"

I'm cut off by Linda who's screaming once again and getting once again a little too close to Maia.

"Pathetic. Everyone in the school knows my history with Michael, so I didn't know the act is pathetic." Linda grits out.

Maia looks at Linda and then back at me, "I'm going to get a taxi back to campus," Maia takes a deep breath before continuing. "Don't bother calling me or looking for me. I'm tired of being your second choice always." A stream of tears leaves her eyes and she quickly wiped it away with the back of her hand. 

I want to grab her hand and ask her not to leave me but one minute Maia is walking away and the next I have Linda jumping on me.

Pushing her off me, I grab her once again from the back of the neck, this time harder. She squeals and fights my hand off her.

"I don't know what kind of game you are playing but I want you to listen to me really carefully. The next time you pull a jealous act like this, I'll make sure you regret it—" she tries to cut me off with a "but," but I put a finger to her lips.

"Shhh, listen. Don't pull that shit again and if you so much as try to put a hand on Maia again, I will fucking kill you, do I make myself clear?" I make sure she sees the gun I always carry with me.

Linda's face pales at the sight of my gun and nods. "But, why can you give us another chance? I fucking love you, Michael. I just want you to only see me as you used to."

I throw her to the ground and laugh at the ridiculousness that keeps coming out of her mouth. I really don't know what I saw in her.