Chapter 28

Maia

I wrap my arms around Michael's warm body, feeling the beat of my heart against his. Every rhythm makes my stomach erupt into butterflies. I guess I enjoy knowing I'm the one who's feeling him right now. This is where I crave to always be at. Embraced by him.

I stare at his sleeping face, my eyes focusing on the small scar right on his cheekbone. It's small, but it looked like it was deep enough to get stitches. The thoughts of all the possibilities that could have caused it, crowed my mind. I hate to see him hurt. I hate to know he was hurt once upon a time. I don't know if he will ever understand how much I deeply care for him.

I trace his jawline, giggling to myself at the thought that if his jawline was a knife, I'd actually cut myself.

"Are you making fun of me?" Michaels's deep voice sends vibrations through my whole body.

I drag my hand tween my thighs, squeezing to feel some friction. 

"Hmm, wet for me already?" His voice is husky, laced with sleep. He reaches a hand down my panties, making an approving hum.

"Quit," I laugh and slap his hand away.

"You're so beautiful." Reaching in for a kiss, I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

The sound of my alarm was a cruel reminder that this perfect moment isn't going to last. Soon, I'll have to go back to my room and attend class, and the only cuddles I'll be getting are from myself.

"I don't want this to end." I look into his eyes, focusing on the full set of thick lashes I wish I had.

"It doesn't have to end." he groans and stretches his arm around my shoulder. "We could skip class and stay here the whole day. I can take you out to eat later." He stares at the roof with a blank expression.

I let out a low sigh, the lack of emotions getting to me. "It's fine." I move his arm away from me, yawning, I dress up in the same shirt I had on yesterday. "Where is my underwear?" I place a hand on my hip and look at him suspiciously.

He chuckles and shrugs his shoulder before standing up. My eyes can't help but land on the big bulge between his legs. Diverting my sight when he walks near me.

"Don't get shy, keep looking, baby." He winks at me. "Here." He throws my black lace thong, I catch it and give him a knowing look.

"Oh please, I'm not shy. I'm just not interested." I lie, pulling my underwear up. 

"Is that so?" He raises a brow and gives me a knowing smirk. I know he knows I'm lying through my teeth. 

I roll my eyes at him and continued to gather my stuff. Walking into his bathroom, I stare at myself through the mirror, hating what I see. I look like shit. The scratch on my cheek has taken a bright reddish color and my lip is swollen and looks purplish with a clear cut at the corner. I'm surprised it didn't hurt last night when Michael was kissing me during sex. 

I splash cold water on my face and pat it dry with a clean hand towel. I look at the mirror again, smiling at myself and speaking affirmations, that'll hopefully get me through the day. Michael's still naked body stands at the bathroom door frame, one hand-stretched over the frame and the other handing low. His expression doesn't reveal anything he's thinking...