Chapter 16

Maia

I woke up today feeling like shit. My head hurts and my feet feel like they are swollen. I hate wearing high heels. I stretch my arm over my nightstand and grabbed my phone. Gasping at the time, 12pm. I sit up on the bed, rubbing sleep off my eyes. Remembering Michael inside me, it almost feels like it was just a dream.

Dragging myself off the bed, I head over to my dresser, grabbing the Plan B that lies on top. Swallowing the small pill quickly, I smile at the memory of last night; Michael said to take it in the morning— ops.

Zombie walking to the bathroom, I feel the soft fingertips tapping my shoulder. I stopped walking and faced the same bodacious girl I had bumped into the last time.

"Oh, hi!" I squeaked.

"Hey, where have you been?" The pretty blonde asks with a smile on her face.

"I've been busy, we're you looking for me?" I'm very curious.

"Yes, I've been wanting to get your number. I think we would be good friends."

"Wow, yes! I'd love to. Maybe next time my friends and I go to a party you can tag along."

"I love to party! Here, type your number on my phone." She hands me her phone and I quickly type in my phone number.

"Maia is a pretty name. I'm Linda, I don't remember if I introduced myself last time." I honestly don't remember either.

"We'll just in case, it's nice to meet you, Linda." I smile at her.

"I'll text you later so you can have my number too. It's nice to meet you also. Talk later." She waved and walked into her redhead friend's room.

—————

I invited Melody and Alyssa to go eat lunch with me in the city. We found a really cute pizza place, whose reviews say it's the best in New York.

"Where did you go yesterday? We were worried about you." Alyssa crosses her arms.

"Yeah, we just saw people running out and screaming and we were searching for you. I don't even know what happened." Melody chimes in.

I know what happened, but I prefer not to give the girls that image of Michael. Plus, I rather not mention Michael in front of Melody. I bring the slice of devious cheese pizza to my mouth, taking a big bite. These cheese pizzas can be deadly, not even three minutes ago I was choking on cheese. If it wasn't for Melody hitting my back and me gulping my lemonade, I think I would be dead.

"I was dancing with some guys and heard the screams too and got out, I figured you guys were out of there since you were closer to the exit." I lied.

"I heard someone scream that some guy had a gun. That's so fucking scary." Melody says while eating some of her Hawaiian pizza.

"Yeah, supposedly someone pointed a gun at someone's head. People are crazy nowadays." Alyssa shakes her head in disbelief.

I say nothing. I prefer not to keep lying. I really want to tell Alyssa but I would rather Melody not find out about Michael and me. I don't want to hurt her. I really hope she only saw him as a hook-up and nothing more.