Chapter 26

Maia

Alyssa and I hold hands in the bathroom stall. She keeps praying for a negative result. I pray that whatever it is, it's something that'll have a good result in the end for her.

The timer on my phone goes off alerting us that it's been 5 minutes.

"Shit, I don't wanna look." She bites her finger and closes her eyes.

I give her shoulder a squeeze, "I can look if you want." I tell her, feeling nervous for her.

Alyssa nods and I uncover the test. I take a deep breath before looking. I look between the test and the test box instructions.

Squinting my eyes, I bring the test closer to my eyes.

"Eww that has my pee." Alyssa gags. I roll my eyes at my best friend and proceed to look.

"Well the instructions say you need to have two lines but I only see one." Alyssa takes the test from my hands and looks at the box and the test.

"Great so it means I'm not pregnant!" She squeals in relief.

We both jump and dance. Happy that she wasn't. Happy that she's happy.

———————-

I spent most of the day with Alyssa. Drank a little too much wine and dance to music in her room. She told me how her and Danny started hooking up again. Seems like he begged her and begged her until she gave him a chance to explain himself. According to her, Danny confessed that he loves her but felt that she rejected him since she didn't want anything serious with him.

He apologized for doing what he did to me and and for even looking my way when he saw her and I were getting close. He also admitted to how fucked up he was back then and all the shitty mistakes he made, including when he fucked Linda, Michael's ex. 

Hearing her name made my heart squeeze in the worst way possible. Truth is I feel like I lost Michael but also Linda as a friend. Is this what my life has become? Always loosing. Always everyone's second choose if not third. Loving someone who doesn't feel the same way for me.

I cried some more in my best friends chest while she reassure me that she will never betray me again. I told her that, her and Danny's relationship wasn't a betrayal to me. If anything it was me who should of known. He did show signs of jealousy every time Alyssa was around a guy. I should of put two and two together.

Truth is, my "feelings" for Danny stopped the second I saw Michael. He didn't even try and I fell for him right then and there.  

It's so funny how I didn't see any of this shit coming. I never thought I'd be here broken hearted and in love with the wrong guy. I didn't see it coming but I should of. Everything about Michael screamed danger. He was a walking red flag that I ignored and for that, I'm the one to blame.

I stumble my way to my dorm. Looking at my phone for the first time in a while, I let out a low gasp. 1:20am. Jesus, I really was with her the whole day. I giggle to myself and stop when I feel like I'm going to throw up. Covering my mouth I try to speed walk but the floor beneath me moves and I fall on my ass. I laugh like a psycho and laugh even more when someone opens their room door and asks me if I'm okay.