Episode 6: Part 8

The backstory of Cappuccino and Cravity is shown next, the vocal members of the two groups shown in their company recording studio

The backstory of Cappuccino and Cravity is shown next, the vocal members of the two groups shown in their company recording studio. They're already recording, listening to one another sing.

"We chose BoA sunbaenim's Only One." Yeona told them as she and Kate sat on stools in a practice room for an interview. "We want to show our fans a meaningful performance and we think this song can do this for us."

"We really want to do well." Kate adds, but is visibly nervous. "But things weren't exactly working well for us."

As Jungmo records his part, his voice cracks, making everyone else flinch. The producer shakes his head, the male slowly exiting.

It doesn't stop there, as during the chorus, Jihye sings the higher part while Woobin harmonizes. However, the girl struggles to reach her notes, earning a deep sigh from the producer.

The members are seated on the couch as the producer takes off his glasses, a deep sigh escaping his lips. The idols look down, too ashamed to meet his eyes.

"To be honest, I'm not sure why you're all struggling so much." The producer told them. "You're all from the same company and trained together, there should be no reason for this to be hard for you. If anything, you have a big advantage against the other teams right now. You shouldn't be worrying about your rankings before. Instead, you should be working ten times harder to do better and make the best out of this opportunity."

"The producer was definitely right." Minhee says in his interview with Wonjin sitting beside him. "Our rankings were definitely getting to the best of us."

"It's hard though." Wonjin speaks, eyeing the floor. "We want to do well this time but so far, nothing has been going that well for us."

Flashbacks of the Cravity and Cappucino members' reactions as their rankings appeared played, showing their disappointment. It was clear that they were trying to hold their true feelings in front of the other idols, but it was hard for them.

"Should we even bother trying?" Yeona mumbles to Chaeri as the girls walk off the stage. "We're so far behind, I don't know if we'll ever catch up."

"It's obvious that we're all having a rough time." Chaeri says during her private interview. "So I think it's important for everyone to remember why we're here."

The vocal team enters the practice room to see a large screen. They look to the producers who don't say anything, simply urging them forward. They continue, sitting down in front of it.

That's when a video begins to play, startling them. Smiles immediately fill their faces, once they realize what it was.

It was Woobin vlogging while Wonjin was sleeping, the older member complimenting the younger on how cute he was. He was poking Wonjin's cheeks, making him whimper in his sleep.

"What is this?!" Wonjin exclaims, burying his face in his hands. He soon shrieks even louder when it changes to a video of him, Jungmo, and Minhee from when they were participating on ProduceX101.