Chapter 9

I think it's needless to say that I mixed up the order of events a little bit, to help the story line I have flow. I know it's a little confusing, but trust the process. <3

Darius' POV:

Hooty had just let us into the Owl House, we helped Eda get Luz and Hunter out. I was worried about YN, last I saw her, some guards had her. Everything happened so fast. But right now I had to get Hunter out of Belos' mind. After a few minutes, they finally appeared. We gave them space, but Hunter began having a panic attack. He knows something. He tried to run away but I ran after him. He stopped running and collapsed in the forest, curling into a ball.

"I gotta hide... I have... I gotta...." He was breathing erratically, he was going to pass out if he continued like this, I sat next to him, putting an arm around him.

"Darius?! How did you- Where- why?!"
"Breathe for me, Hunter, in, and out" I stated calmly, he listened, beginning to control his breathing and he collapsed into me, letting his tears flow.

"Belos is evil... my uncle... I'm not... I'm not a real witch, I'm a grimwalker, I have no where to go" He sobbed, he didn't deserve this.
"I know Belos is evil... but I didn't know about you..." I rubbed his back, I knew what a grimwalker was, but I never would've guessed Hunter was one.
"Every guard... Every Golden Guard was a grimwalker, he got rid of them if they found the truth... He's going to get rid of me, I know too much!" He yelled, falling back into a panic, I tightened my hold on him.

"He won't find you, we'll put you somewhere safe... Hexide, might be a good place to put you" He looked to me, he smiled, before he looked at my outfit.

Shit.

"IT WAS YOU?!" 

"Hunter-"

"YOU AND YN! HOW- Why would you hide this from me?!" 

"Hunter, listen to me. Neither of us trust Belos. Raine, Eber, Eda-"
"RAINE AND EBERWOLF TOO?!"
"Hunter calm down! Take a breathe! We never meant to hurt you, but something bad is happening... I need you to tell me EVERYTHING you saw" I managed to get him to sit again, he regulated his breathing before he spoke about what he and the human saw. I was taken aback about just how much he found out, the lies Belos told went far deeper than I originally suspected. In return I told Hunter about the Day of Unity.

I had to get him to safety, and for now, Hexide is the only place I can think of. I helped him to his feet, he picked up Flapjack, who had just caught up to us, and we began walking. Hunter was feeling a little betrayed by YN and I, and with good reason. I wish I could bring him to stay with me, but the castle is far too dangerous for him now. We eventually made it to Hexide, Hunter hugged me suddenly, I froze for a moment before I returned the gesture, knowing YN would want me to. Hunter entered the school and shut the door, I decided to go to the castle to try and find YN. Belos, as much as I don't wish to see him, will probably know where she is. I teleported there, standing in front of the doors before opening them. It was late at night, but Belos was always up late.

"Darius, to what do I owe this pleasure?" He questioned me as I bowed before him begrudgingly.
"I went to YN's room to inquire about a mission we would be working together on and she wasn't there, I was hoping you would have an idea. This is an urgent matter" I lied through my teeth. Well about the looking for her part. We were supposed to go on a mission to the town to oversee some preperations for the Coven Day parade.

"Ah yes, YN. Unfortunately I have not seen her today. But as for the Coven Day Parade, YN will be sitting out of the preperations, Raine will accompany you instead. I have something different in mind for her" I looked to him, unconvinced.
"May I inquire what that may be?" He stared at me before standing and ushering me to walk with him.