Chapter 13

I've had the worst fucking day at work so now I'm gonna put all my anger into this chapter.
Have fun!

We were heading to the ceremony, I was wearing my uniform with the gloves again. I could only assume Raine was at the hideout, while Eda, Darius, and Eber were on the way. I don't like this flying ship thing, made me queezy. I didn't check my arms today, I couldn't do it. Every time I looked, I just got more stressed. 
"Leaflet, why the long face?" Terra walked to stand beside me. I had to keep this up.
"I'm just worried, everything has to go perfectly today, I am looking forward to paradise" I smiled at her, looking back out to the ground below us as we got closer. We roughly had 5 minutes before we would land.

"Everything will go perfectly, Leaflet. I'm so happy Belos has you at the Head with us, instead of in the crowd with the other Second Hands" 
"I've actually never met any of the other second hands"
"Their identities remained secret, so no one would target them for today, there are still people out there who don't want us to succeed"
"Like the Owl Lady..."
"Precisely. Now, look alive, we're heading to Paradise!" She cheered, stepping away as the ship began to land, shaking while going down. Once we landed, we got off the aircraft and made our way to the tower. We had to show our sigils to the guards before we made our way up. Once we got there, I saw that Eda was already disguised as Raine. I had something for her, my red pendant has the ability to change voices, I managed to make it so the wearer sounds like Raine, since the cloaking stone won't change that. Eda was standing in place before I told Terra I needed to ask Raine for instructions in case they get stage fright. She bought it, and I walked over.

"Head Witch!" I called, bowing to Eda as she looked at me, not sure if she needed to bow or not.
"I was told to bring this to you, it should help with your stage fright" I smiled, handing her the pendant as she smiled awkwardly. I leaned in.
"Wear it, then you'll sound like Raine, just put it on and tuck it underneath your shirt. I'll cover you" I winked, Eda smiled as she put it on, tucking it in the vest before clearing her throat.

"Thank you, return to your place" Eda looked shocked as Raines voice left her mouth, I looked to Darius beside her, winking and walking off. We hadn't spoken since our fight at the hideout, but I was happy to see him smile at me. I walked back to the edge of the tower, a guard on either side of me. Belos finally appeared, looking around before smiling.

"I've decided to make some changes to the arrangments" He looked to Terra and Adrian before they swapped places with Darius and Eber.

He knows.

My eyes widened as I failed to hide my worry, causing Belos to look at me and smile.
"A problem, YN?"
"No sir, just didn't take you as the kind of person to change plans so close to execution" I shrugged, Belos seemed content with this as he raised his staff to the eclipse, it glowed before the spell began.

I have a feeling that Eda... isn't going to make it out of this.
I promised Raine I would protect her, but I'm guarded, and I can't get to her with ease.

Pillars of light came down, encasing the coven heads. I felt my wrist begin to burn, I slid down my glove, seeing gold lines emerge over the color on my skin. I replaced the glove, feeling the lines creep up my arm, I winced in pain as I noticed Eda's arm began corrupting. Terra smirked before stepping from her place and grabbing Eda's arm.

"It seems my suspicions were correct" She smiled as Adrian removed the cloaking stone, revealing Eda. Terra's face scrunched as she reached for my pendant, inspecting it before turning to me.
"Leaflet, isn't this yours?" She raised an eyebrow to me, before she nodded to the guards and they grabbed me, lifting me by my forearms.

"Let her go!" Darius shouted as Eber transformed and went for the guards. The head of the Construction Coven began fighting, and soon everyone was fighting. Darius turned himself into his abomination form and attack the Potions head. I managed to wiggle from the guards and grabbed my lyre. Strumming it and sending the guards flying off the tower, my body was burning from the inside as I continued fighting, I had to square off with Adrian as Eber took down the Construction head and Darius continued with the Potions head. Unfortunatly Eber was pinned down, and Hetti put a knife to her throat, causing us all to freeze.