Chapter 29

I was trying to cook, but my body was aching like mad. Stretch marks were WAY more visable, even more than last time. Amari was in front of the tv, playing with some building blocks, I was starting to get rather worried, she's supposed to have magic by now... I'm really worried that my bile sac infection messed with her when she was still in the womb. I'm just tired, and if she can't use magic because of me, I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself.

I zoned out, before my pant leg was pulled lightly, looking down to see Amari.

"Mama hurt?" She tilted her head like a confused puppy as I smiled and picked her up, she sat comfortably right on top of my rounding belly. I was growing a lot faster, the healers say it's fine, but still, Amari can SIT on top of my bump, that's a little concerning to me. 5 months in, nearly 6, and I look 9 months pregnant. I should know.
On my due date with Amari, Darius made a cast of my belly with his magic, I pulled it out last night to compare, and right now, my belly is BIGGER than the cast. 

It's actually scary how big I'm getting, like... is my body ok? I'm honestly not sure I believe the healers.

Amari snuggled into me as I seasoned the potatoes, before putting them into the mixer and turning it on. Tonight I was trying to make a human world dish that Hunter really liked, a pot roast and mashed potatoes. I mean it is his birthday. He's an adult now, 18. Hard to believe.
It feels weird knowing I didn't raise him, and now he can move out if he so desires.
I hated that thought, I only just got him... do I really think I'm ready to let him go already? I've only had him with me for a year and a half (I think, small brian can't do math). 

Today, Hunter was playing flyer derby with his friends, they were just hanging out until tonight. I told him his friends could come to dinner, but he just wanted it to be the four of us. I was touched, but felt bad that he only got the day with his friends.
The oven timer went off as I swirled my finger, having the now fully baked cake float out and land on the cooling rack, before I put the roast in. Luckily I had used fire magic to cook the roast while the cake was in the oven, but now I wouldn't waste my energy now. 
I wanted today to go perfectly for Hunter, which is why Socks is also with the kids, in case anything happened.

Now whether or not you guys think Socks is responsible or not, is beyond me. But hey, I'm putting my trust in a wooden fox.... which is a sentence I never thought I would say or think.

"Cake!"
"Yes honey, cake, you gonna help me decorate it for your brother?"
"Huntah! Cake for Huntah, mama!" She clapped her hands before looking down and patting my boob.
"Boob" she giggled, she knew she didn't get her milk from me anymore, but that was her way of telling me she was hungry for some reason. She's been eating actual food, like most 15 month olds, but I still gave her bottles, she prefered that a lot of the time.
I opened the fridge, grabbing the last of the pre-made ones I had. I'll make more after dinner.

"Darling, I'm back. Engines fixed so we should be able to move towards Bonesborough tomorrow, we're gonna stay parked here for the night and leave in the morning" Darius made his abomination hair disapear as he walked in and closed the door.
Amari has been scared of Abominations recently after a bad dream she had, so Darius has made sure to not have his hair all goopy around her until she gets over the fear. 

I loved his natural hair, he still has his dreadlocks pulled into a ponytail, suited him. 
"Daddy!" Darius laughed as he took Amari from me, holding her tight before she pointed at my belly.

"Baby sissy!"
"We don't know yet, Starlight. Could be a baby brother too!" Darius nuzzled his nose into hers as she laughed and hugged him.

"How's it going?"
"I'm getting the hang of other types of magic, I did use an abomination to help make this cake, and it turned out well! I just have to decorate it" I smiled, pointing at the cake before finally turning the mixer off, adding salt, sour cream, and turning it back on. I still had to make the gravy.