Chapter 16

I'm gonna take a nap once I finish this chapter. Writer need a nap.

It was roughly 12am, I couldn't sleep. Even with the bed moving, the baby is still rather active. Not as bad as before, but she still keeps moving. I've been up to the washroom every 5 minutes, I just couldn't get comfortable. I got up again, looking at Darius, still passed out. Socks had moved back to her bed since I was getting up so often.
Remember how I said the tanks were enchanted so we could just add more rooms? Yeah, I was about to do that.
I went into our nightstand, grabbing a key and heading to our kitchen, taking a few steps to the side before inserting the key into the wall, making a door appear. I opened it, showing a spacious bedroom with another window. We were techinically against the walls of the tank, so we got windows. I didn't really know what to do with the room, I'm still kind of in disbelief that I'm even pregnant.

I looked around the room before I summoned my lyre. I played a lullaby, before I watched the walls of the room change colors. They turned a lovely blue and purple gradiant, while the floor was covered in a dark grey carpet. I stopped, not really sure what else to do. I sat on the floor against the wall, looking around me.

"What am I doing...? I can't be a mom... I don't think I would be a very good one..." I spoke softly, before I heard footsteps approaching.
"YN, you in here?" Darius knocked on the door, waiting for a reply.

"Yes... yes I'm in here hun..." I muttered out as the door opened, showing Darius appearing and walking in, scanning the room before spotting me and sitting down next to me.

"You alright? I felt you get up, but got worried when you didn't return" He wrapped an arm around me, holding me to him. He was warm, I liked it.
"Just... having doubts about me... what if I'm not a good mom? Like... what if you guys never saved me at that parade? This baby would've been at Belos' mercy... and my parents weren't exactly good parents, what if I turn out like them?" Darius looked at me before standing, reaching his hand to help me up before drawing a spell circle, causing a crib to appear near the window.

"You'll be great, YN. I have no doubt in my mind. I will say that I also thought about what would've happened if we hadn't gotten you back, but in the end it doesn't matter. We're both here, and we're ok. No use thinking of the past" He smiled, creating a little mobile and hanging it up, it was a bunch of birds. 
Darius has gotten a lot better at creating material objects with his magic. We all still have our sigils, but they appear to be useless now, as we're able to use different types of magic again. I guess they're just glorified tattoo's now. Darius was enjoying being able to have more to work with. He created basic nursery stuff, bookshelf, changing table, toy chest, a really comfy rocking chair.

"You're so good at decorating" I smiled and sat down on the chair, enjoying how soft it was.
"That's why I'm helping. I love the colors of the walls though, good touch" He walked around, inspecting everything to make sure it was sturdy. My heart fluttered at how thorough he was being. I never really took Darius as a kids guy, but I guess Hunter really brought something out of the both of us.

"Because I couldn't sleep, I was thinking of names"
"Really? What did you have in mind?" Darius stopped, looking at me as he leaned his side onto the wall.
"Amari, it means Miracle..."
"She surely is our miracle, isn't she?" Darius smiled as I felt her kick again, causing me to jolt.
"Looks like Amari agree's" Darius knelt in front of me, placing his hands on either side of my stomach. Amari kicked at his hands, making us laugh.

"You can choose her middle name, Darius" He thought for a moment, before he took out his scroll, looking through photos, before landing on one of Hunter and him. He frowned before looking at me.
"You're positive that the little prince is alive?" He looked into my eyes with uncertainty.
"I know he is, otherwise his... body, would've been at the head with the others. They're just in the human realm, and Eda is working her ass off to make or find a new portal. In which I'm also postive that Luz is doing the same on her end" I smiled at him, taking his hand of my stomach and into my own, squeezing gently.