Lore Pt.7: Rome is Ours

Sounds of fighting echoes through a once green field around the great city Rome. Red now stains the once bright green grass under the bodies of soldiers. The walls protecting the city crumbling under the onslaught of catapults constant rain. Inside the city was no better. Civilians and soldiers both laid in the streets as King Arthur's men kept moving to the palace where Lucius Verus waits with his elite guard. Mordred and Y/N were next to one another as the killed the roman soldiers surrounding them.

Mordred: Raaahhh!!

She cuts two soldiers in half and waits for the third to charge. She cuts his arms off and uses his body as a shield from arrows. Y/N wasted no time in killing them as they kept attacking Mordred. Horse riders soon come at them with their lances and bows aimed at their heads. Mordred smilies and mana bursts towards them. Using her legs as a weapon, she crushes one riders chest with her drop kick and uses his lance to kill another. Y/N dodges another's attack and stabbed them off their horse. Then, arrows killed the rest. The two turn to see Sir Tristan.

Tristan: We are close to the palace now. Let the common soldiers deal with one another. We are to meet up with the others.

Mordred: Has any of the knights fallen?

Tristan: No. These soldiers are nothing to use. The Spartans were far more threatening.

Tristan kills more enemy soldiers charging at them with his bow.

Mordred: Y/N, go gather our soldiers and prepare for a rush to the Emperor's Palace. Tristan and I shall go ahead.

Y/N: As you wish, my liege.

Y/N runs off to do her bidding.

Tristan: ...You know the King wants him dead still, right?

Mordred: I do. And he knows I'll destroy his flimsy hold on what he has on his kingdom if he dares hurts Y/N.

Y/N was busy gathering their knights for the charge. He came across one of his trusted knights. His name is Flaco. He was a tan-skinned male with black, shoulder length hair slowly turning gray from his old years. His brown eyes show years of experience he's had on the battlefield.

Y/N: Flaco, where is Rango and Jaco?

Flaco: Jaco had fallen, my liege. He saved my life from a collapsing building...

Y/N: I see. A pity, but is expected in battling in a city. And Rango?

Flaco: He's ahead of us with some other knights. Making sure we're not running into an ambush.

Y/N: Good. Gather those you can and meet us ahead. Dame Mordred wants us to charge the enemy palace.

Flaco: So the end is near then?

Y/N: Indeed. Be safe, yet quick. We both know she hates tardiness.

Y/N leaves him and rushes towards Rango. Clashing of blades nearby catches his hearing. He jumps over a destroyed house to see Rango in combat with a queer roman soldier. His armor was red and gold instead of the basic gray armor with red cloth under it. Bodies of Camelot knights surround them. Before the strange knight could kill Rango, Y/N pushes him out the way and blocks the killing blow.

Rango: My liege!?

???: So you are his leader? Your death will be painful.

The soldiers face was behind the helmet, so Y/N couldn't see the intense glare behind it. Y/N looks over to Rango, and sees the young knight shocked at what he's seeing.

Y/N: Rango, go warn Flaco about this man and tell him to wait for my signal to move! This won't take long.

???: Hahaha! I, Owen, elite knight of our great emperor, will kill you today!!

Y/N: You won't be the first today.

Soon, their clash begins with Owen swinging his great-sword with a overhead swing. Y/N side steps the hit and goes for a jab with his spear. The tip of his spear went into Owen's arm, but he only grabs the spear and swings his sword sideways to cut off Y/N's head. Y/N ducks under the hit and does a leg sweep. Owen falls to his back while swinging his sword at Y/N again, making him move to evade the hit. Y/N manages to pull his spear back and thrusts his spear into Owen's shoulder. Owen grits his teeth and swings his sword faster than before, cutting Y/N's stomach. The cut wasn't deep, but the pain made Y/N tense and freeze.

Y/N:'It felt like electricity hitting me!! Is his blade enchanted?'

Owen: *laughs* Seems the witches enchantments do wonders indeed. Your end is truly near.

Y/N: Witch? Hm. Seems like I'll have to get serious and end this. Know this, Owen, I am the knight of Dame Mordred. Your end was destined to be at my hands.

Owen goes to speak back, but had to suddenly block a spear to the face from Y/N.

Owen:'He's quicker than before!!'

Y/N punches Owen's dominate hand and grabs his sword. Owen goes for a headbutt, but failed as Y/N let him fall forward. Then, he stabs Owen through his side by an opening in the armpit. Owen coughs blood and grabs Y/N's left arm and breaks it. Y/N takes the time to take out his spear and put it through Owen's neck. He gurgles on his own blood while trying to grab Y/N. Finally, after a moment, Owen stops moving.

Y/N:'He wasn't very experienced, but his armor gave him some edge. He must have been new.'

Soon after that battle did the charge towards the palace with the rest of the knights of Camelot. The other Roman Elite Knights began to fight those from the Round Table. Y/N remembered about the supposed "witch" Owen mentioned, so when given the chance he runs into the palace in search of them. Room by room, floor by floor did he search. The last room near the top did he find the witch. But it wasn't a witch at all. Instead it was the famous Merlin in all her beauty chained up to a desk nearly starved to death. Her slim figure probably could have slipped out of the chains if she had any strength. When he opened the door and they made eye contact did she look even more pale.

Merlin: So you've come for me have you, knight? I may be weaken, but I would rather fight to the death than go back to him.

She tries to raise her shakey arms up, but she couldn't make much of a fist.
Y/N only felt pity for her. He walks over and raises his spear.

Y/N: Very well.

She glares at him as his spear thrusts at her. She expected to feel the spear make contact with her neck, but it hit her chains instead.

Y/N: Keep fighting. You want to run? Then run. The fighting would provide cover for you to escape.

Her eyes widen in shock as she looks up at him. He walks away from her.

Merlin: Wait!!! Please tell me your name!!

Y/N: I am Y/N L/N, knight of Dame Mordred. Take care of yourself Sorcerer.

He leaves the room and rushes back to the battle, killing andy roman soldiers rushing there as well. When he made it, he saw King Arthur holding Emperor Lucius's head. Mordred and the rest of the Knights of The Round were behind him. Rome has fallen today. Now, King Arthur's rule has expanded.