Darker than darkness

'By the way ciel, Will you give me a hint about what surprises you have prepared for us ciel sensei?'

<No master. Surprises are call surprises for a reason. You will have to wait>

'Aww ciel, just a hint?'

<No master>

'plea-'

<No master> said ciel in a firm tone.

'Hmpf. Alright then. At least tell me how long would we have to wait?'

<Hmm actually, one of the crewmates are already close by to one of my surprises>

'Ohhh! which o-'

<I won't be telling anything more master. Otherwise it will spoil all the fun> 

'Ok ciel sensei. I suppose I will have to make do with it for now'

'By the way, will you update me on their progress ciel?'

<I can do that master, but are you sure you want to do this? Didn't you come here to have an actual adventure on your own? If you keep using my help it will greatly reduce your purpose of coming here>

'Hmm you are right ciel. I suppose I should just use whatever means is available in this world instead of relying on you' with this, rimuru took out his den den mushi and dialed a number.

*

"You can hear them from here right?"

"Yes Deno. This much distance is enough." replied ramiris after they secured a safe place in the marine base to just be in range for ramiris to do her job.

"Hmmm hmmm hmmm" nodded ramiris as she heard the conversation.

*

"How are you vice admiral Sai! Its been so long since we last met"

"Fine commander Gin. And I m glad to see you in good health as well."

"Alright then, lets cut the formalities. You know the agenda of our today's meeting right?"

"Yes commander."

"You have made sure no one will interrupt us right? It is top secret afterall"

"Yes commander. I have made sure no one comes anywhere near this hallway."

"Good. So let's begin."

Gin then takes out a special box and puts it on the table. He then opens it and faces it towards Sai. 

"What do you think this is?"

"Isn't it a devil fruit? Which one is it?"

"There is no record of this devil fruit anywhere. Its quite a mystery. Therefore we need you to personally deliver it to a marine headquarter in grand line, from where it will be sent to Dr. Vegapunk for research."

"Hmm but isn't it normal to find unknown devil fruits from time to time? Its not like we have recorded each and every single devil fruit in history. So why are you going as far as to get 𝘩𝘪𝘮 involved?"

"Yes you are right. But being unknown isn't the only thing that makes this devil fruit necessary to research. Its not just a normal devil fruit. Look closely. Do you feel anything different?

Sai then brings his attention fully towards the pitch black devil fruit and focuses.

"It feels.... kinda eerie. Like darkness itself is filled inside it and it will consume you the moment you eat it." Sai said, while seeming a bit tense and nervous.