The Strongest Swordsman

"Hello there. I m Leon from the star demon pirates and I challenge you, hawkeye the greatest swordsman, for a duel"

"Huh you know who I am and still you want a duel? I sure hope you have real strength backing up your courage" 

"That's what I want to know as well. How strong I m. And what better person to test your sword against than the great Hawkeye himself" 

"You want to 'test' your sword against me? Hahaha fine, but know that I m going to destroy your little pirate crew if you lose" 

"Don't worry it won't happen. And I really doubt that you can do that anyway"

"Alright then enough talk. lets begin"

With that, Hawkeye covered his sword with haki, and jumped at leon. Leon blocked his slash with Excalibur in time, and the resultant shock sent great waves in air all around.

"Looks like you do have some strength afterall"

"Its just the beginning"

The next moment, both leon and Hawkeye disappeared from sight. Then they showed up somewhere else the next instant, the elsewhere the next, each time clashing with each other, and each clash getting more and more intense.

"Stop holding back hawkeye, or you are going to die" said leon in a serious, heavy tone.

"Interesting. Looks like I will indeed have to get serious" and after that the intensity of their clashed grew tremendously. Every single clash created a shock wave intense enough to create high tides. Hawkeye, who was the undefeated king of swordsmanship, was for the first time after losing shanks as an opponent, was getting the challenge he was searching for.

One...... Two..... Three..... And now Four! This was the fourth time now that leon had been able to push him back in a clash. Initially when the duel just began, hawkeye was holding back and leon leon was almost equally matching him. But with every passing second it seemed like his opponent was getting stronger. Each one of his strikes was being countered, each attack blocked. 

On hawkeye's boat, on the island, on the ocean, on the deck of the cosmos, everywhere their duel carried on. The ocean was no trouble for any of them, since Leon basically isn't a devil fruit user himself.

'Was he holding back against me in the beginning as well? No it didn't seem like that. He was always giving it his all. But then does that mean he was able to get this much stronger in mere moments? Just what kind of monster am I facing right now! And his sword, sometimes it feels like his sword is alive itself! Its as if I m fighting two enemies at once, and they are getting more and more in sync every passing second' were hawkeye's thoughts as he was blocking another strike from leon. 

At that moment, hawkeye stopped holding back, and was now fighting with his full strength.

"You are too late Hawkeye. I already told you to stop holding back in the beginning" said leon with an evil slime as he began to cover excalibur in haki, and launched at hawkeye.

"Do not underestimate me" said Hawkeye as he also covered Yoru in haki, and launched back at leon.

The both of them clashed in the middle of their trajectory, and instantly a giant hurricane began forming with its center at the clash point. The clashed had pushed the air back with tremendous force, which created a zero pressure point for an instant at that place, which in turn formed the hurricane. One look at the sky, and the clouds were in a shape as if they had been ripped apart. 

Both leon and Hawkeye jumped a step back, and began another montage of intense clashes, dozens of times in a second, in the very eye of the hurricane. The hurricane got bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until it was big enough that it basically changed the entire weather of the surrounding area. Now the weather, which was initially all sunny, now due to the enormous amounts of water and steam being risen up, resulted in rain. The rain soon turned into, stormy weather, the stormy weather into a thunderstorm. Meanwhile the legendary duel between the now two strongest swordsmen in the world, was still going on, in the very center of this thunderstorm. 

The duel went on for about an hour. By now, hawkeye had stopped holding back completely, but was still unable to overpower leon. He had to actively put in effort, in order to match leon. But even so, he was not sure if leon had still reached the peak of his strength. It was as if Leon was still searching for something. Still something to make him stronger. No, that was not fully correct. It was as if 'they' were still searching for something. And the next instant gave Hawkeye the answer. This time, when leon covered his sword in haki, the color did not remain the same. It was different. This time the sword was glowing with a dazzling gleam. What a beautiful color! 'No! don't get distracted. Put your all into this one last strike. If you lost, you may very well die!' were hawkeye's inner thoughts as he went for a last all-or-nothing strike with his full power.

"PLATINUM EXCALIBUR DAZZLING DOOM!" 

With that, Leon and Hawkeye clashed again, and the next instant, there was a huge explosion, a massive beam of dazzling light rose from the surface into the sky, engulfing the entire hurricane. After the beam died down, the stormy weather was all clear, the explosion had blown away all the clouds and now it was sunny again. And then, on the island which was almost destroyed, stood two figures. After a silence of few seconds, it was hawkeye who fell on the ground first, with leon almost stumbling. The duel was over. Leon had won. And thus, the strongest swordsman had been defeated. Leon then raised his sword in the air, as if celebrating his victory. He the went forward towards the fallen hawkeye, and put his hand forward  

"It was a nice match. Lets do that again sometime"

"Next time huh. Right I will be looking forward to it, Leon."

With that, hawkeye raised his hand in response, to hold leon's hand, but the moment he grabbed his hand, Leon fell down as well, almost unconscious.

"You fool you barely have any strength left yourself"

"Hahaha right. Looks like that took a lot more out of me than I thought"

With that, there was a moment of silence again, with both leon and hawkeye just staring at the sky, resting their body.

Author's note: Yep I know late update, but as always, share your thoughts in the comments below🙂