Surprises......

"So this brings us to your second option. You can choose to live an ordinary life, away from the world and all the troubles. You will still be able to host concerts and all via video snails, and may eventually get to do live concerts as well with proper protection, but otherwise you will be living in the Star Tempest Nation under our flag. Of course you don't have to decide right now. We will be spending some more days here before leaving, so you can take your time." said Rimuru

"A-alright then I will tell you my decision later" said Atla, almost in disbelief of what she heard.

"Rimuru san are you really serious about creation your own nation like this? I mean we are talking about a whole country right?" asked Akuta shocked, Koby and Helmeppo wondered the same. The others just smiled a little, with a 'here he goes again' expression.

"Haha Of course. Its not like its the first time I will be doing it"

"What do you mean?" 

"Oh nothing never mind! Now lets come to the next issue at hand" 

"Right. Next we have to decide the fate of That white worm we caught" said Diablo

"White worm? Oh you mean the celestial dragon. Right. Save that for last"

"Then we have to decide what to do with these marines" 

"Right. So then Akuta-kun, seeing as you were clearly targeted to be eliminated here, what are your thoughts?" asked Rimuru

Akuta looked down for a second, almost ashamed, then replied

"You see Rimuru san, my only goal in life is to bring justice to this world. I joined the navy in hopes of just doing that. I worked hard, gave it my all, to get as strong as possible so that I would be able to protect as many innocent lives as possible. But today I have realized a few things-

First of all, I m still too weak. If it wouldn't have been for you all, I would have failed miserably in saving Atla san or any of the other slaves. And secondly, I am still in shock and disbelief that the very world government which claims to be the pillars of justice, would go to such lengths as to kill me in order to save those inhuman monsters called celestial dragons. Until now I thought that if I get stronger and rise in ranks, I will eventually be able to change this system for the better from the inside, but now it seems that even if I return, they will try again and again to eliminate me" sighed Akuta

"If these are your honest thoughts, then I have a couple options for you as well. Leave the navy, and come under our flag. We will welcome you wholeheartedly under the flag of Star Tempest Nation, and you will no doubt be a very valuable asset to us. We need more strong people like you to run our nation, not to mention you are capable in other fields as well." said Rimuru

"Just one question Rimuru san. Do you swear you will always be on the path of justice, and will never waver from it? Do you promise me you will never do anything evil?" asked Akuta with a serious tone.

"No. I can't promise you that. We are not some heroes of justice. We are pirates for fun. We will do whatever we think will entertain us, even if that is something which goes against your strict definition of justice. I can only promise you this, just like we are not heroes of justice, we are not some evil villains either. We will never do anything to harm innocent civilians just so it satisfies our greed, or anything like that. And that the people living in my nation are my people, and I will do my very best to ensure they are happy, and will never let even a single one of them suffer at the hands of anyone else, be it other pirates, kingdoms, or even the world government itself." said Rimuru with a bold expression.

Akuta thought for a moment and sighed "Alright that is good enough for me. Its better than what the world government is doing. I accept. From now on I will serve you to the best of my abilities" said Akuta, and bowed.

"And what are your thoughts? The same option is available for the two of you as well" said Rimuru while looking at Koby and Helmeppo.

"I think I feel mostly the same as Akuta san here. I felt extremely weak and helpless, as I was unable to defeat a single opponent in time, and as a result Atla san had to suffer a lot. I want to become stronger. But I m sorry I will not be joining you Rimuru san. I fully believe in Garp san and his guidance, and will be returning to him. But I respect you a lot now Rimuru san, and your way of thinking. I know all pirates are not bad, and my best friend is a pirate as well. So I hope we can continue to be friends, even if we may not be on the same side" said Koby respectfully and bowed.

"I-I feel the same" said Helmeppo and bowed as well

"Well it can't be helped I guess. Fine. I respect your opinion. Alright then Luminas, bring them out" said Rimuru.

"About time huh" said Luminas, and brought three glasses filled with elixir, and put them in front of the three marines.

"May I ask what are these Rimuru san?" 

"Well think of them as a gift from me. Listen, we are going to be staying for 7 days on this island, and during that time, you will be undergoing some serious training. As all of you said, you are really weak. Contact the navy and tell them that Atla demanded protection for another week, and take permission for Koby and um.... this other guy to stay here for a week longer. You need to get stronger. Especially you Ak-kun, I have high expectations for you." said Rimuru with a smile.

"Ak-kun?"

"What? You don't like it?" 

"No no its fine! So then what are these glasses of green liquid?" asked Akuta

"Right. These are going to be your new 'devil fruit powers'. This one here is for you Akkun." with that Rimuru gave Akuta a glass and signaled him to drink it.

"What the?! You mean we can get devil fruit powers if we drink this? I-I can't believe it!" said Akuta in shock, and the rest of them were taken aback as well, unable to believe what Rimuru just said.

Guy suddenly came forward, put a hand on Akuta "That's just how Rimuru is. Don't worry, you will soon get used to it. Getting surprised I mean, until you will eventually run out of surprises anymore, just like us" said Guy, almost empathizing with them.

"B-but still how is that even possible!" said Koby in shock, and then it took a moment for them to finally calm down.

"Well I can't take the credit for it this time around though, since Luminas was the was who found it, but right now what you have to do is decide. Do you want devil fruit powers or not?" asked Rimuru.

Author's note: So how was the chapter? Tell me in the comments below what you think. Thx for reading.