You have done enough

"That's right! keep running!" said Arnold, as he kept on flying further and further upstairs, while Atla chasing him with all she had. After reaching a few floors up, Arnold pointed the gun towards Atla and shot her in the leg, which led to her tripping and falling over mid-stairs, and then rolling down and crashing with the wall very hard, with her leg and head now bleeding.

"Hahahaha that's what you get for running away form me bitch! You should have known your place from the very beginning!" with that, he resumed flying again.

"Argh!" cried Atla in pain, and continued to run after him as fast as she could.

'Run, run, run, keep running. You have to save your brother! You have already been tainted, but he is still innocent! He deserves to live, even if it costs you your life!' were the thoughts running in her mind again and again, the only wish she had now was to save the little life kept hostage in front of her, at any cost.

*pew*

And again, Arnold shot Atla in her hand, but this time Atla tried her best to ignore the pain, and just kept on running.

"Hahahaha very good as expected of my slave! Entertain me more!" and Arnold sped up, and finally reached the top floor and entered the roof. After a while, Atla reached there as well, and saw Arnold at the edge of the roof, dangling the baby in the air with one hand, just the corner of the roof.

"Hahahaha so you finally made it here little bitch! Now I will give you your reward, so sit there and watch!" with that, Arnold released the baby, and it started freefalling down. The next instant he saw, Atla came rushing towards him, and jumped down the edge in the direction of the baby.

She then tore her dress, and spread her wings which were hidden under the dress, and accelerated towards the falling baby. 'My wings are too weak for me to fly, but I can at least fall down faster and catch him'

She finally caught the baby the next moment, and embraced him gently. "Oh my little baby brother, I hope you survive this fall, and then get to live a happy life after, without ever worrying about anything at all" with that, she hug him tightly, and positioned herself as if to act as a cushion to absorb as much damage as possible with her body, and flapping her wings as fast as she could to lower the momentum, hoping in the end that even if she ends up dying in the fall, the baby would survive, even though in her mind she knew that it is impossible. The building was too high and the momentum had been build enough that no amount of efforts on her part could save the baby, but even then she tried, and tried, and tried.

The time was up, and the ground was just a second away, then suddenly she felt as if she heard a voice say "You have done enough" and then next moment, she passed out.

*

The ground split apart and a large rock emerged from it, with leon standing on it, and Dagruel kicked it towards the falling Atla. The next moment, the rock crashed into the building, with Leon already jumped away from it and grabbing Atla in his arms "You have done enough. Now leave the rest to us" said Leon, but maybe due to all the tension and fatigue, on top of blood loss, Atla immediately passed out. Leon gently carried her with the baby "I m going to get her to the ship, you handle the rest" said Leon to the three.

"Right. We will be taking real good care of everything here" said Dagruel with a dark shadow on his face. Leon just smiled, and went away.

"Yosh. Lets get to work. Veldora, you go and help the marines, meanwhile me and diablo will continue to evacuate all the slaves to the ship, and once we are done, we are going to destroy this damn island" said Dagruel in a serious tone.

"Kyahahaha leave it to me" and veldora rushed towards entrance of the building, where Akuta was fighting the enemy.

*

Akuta was fighting with all his might. 'Augh so frustrating! Why am I so weak! I need to hurry up and beat-" the monster punched him hard, and he got flown back. Harsh reality hit Akuta like an Iron rod in the chest. No matter how hard he fought, he was unable to overpower his opponent. He was weak. As he was getting consumed by feelings of weakness and regret, he heard a voice "Looks like you got roughed up, need my help?"

He looked in the direction of the voice and saw veldora "I m sorry it came to this, but you are right. I need your help" said Akuta with a heavy heart.

"Kyahaha don't mind, you are plenty strong for a vice admiral, its just that there is always someone stronger. I learned that the hard way" said Veldora, while remembering all the times he had gotten cocky, and then getting beat down badly by his sister.

The next moment, the monster jumped at veldora, but got bounced back by an invisible force.

"Argh what's that? How did you do it? Are you a devil fruit user?"

"Kyahahaha how did you like a glimpse of my veldora arts? I will be pleased to show you more!" said Veldora, as he readied his special move "Just keep him away form me, and I will finish him" said veldora to Akuta

"Right. I can do that much" replied Akuta, as he jumped to intercept the monster rushing at veldora.

After a few blasts of Kamehameha wave and other attacks, the monster finally fell down, leaving Veldora and Akuta victorious.

"And how are you kids doing?" asked veldora to Koby and Helmeppo, who had managed to defeat their individual opponents, but had left no more strength to move or talk, and were just lying down.

"Looks like you can't speak, but don't worry, everything is under control" as soon as Veldora said that, the two of them closed their eyes and fell asleep.

*

Meanwhile somewhere far away-

"Who are the fool who have dared to land foot on my fairy verth without my permission?"

"Ho I never thought I would get to meet YOU in this world. Sorry man, but it seems like your time is over." said Guy

"You foolish mortals are going to regret going against God Enel!" shouted Enel, which made guy and Luminas laugh, and Dino just sighed a little and lied down.

"Foolish mortals you say? We'll see about that"

Author's Note: Here's another chapter. Enjoy. And as always share your Views in comments down below. Thx for reading.