☾hapter II

I've been in the 'Attack on Titans' universe for one year now. I am now 9 years old, just like Eren and Armin. The days seem to blend together as I navigate this unfamiliar world, but I've managed to adapt quickly. It's amazing how much can change in such a short time.

No doubt that I managed to get used to it quickly thanks to the people I have around me and the loving family I am lucky to have. Eren, Armin, and I have become an inseparable trio.

There is not a day that goes by without us laughing together or discussing the outside world. Eren and I try to protect Armin as much as possible from bullies. I still remember the time when one of the bullies hit me, Eren was mad, and I thought my father was going to burn down the town to find them !

It took my mom at least an afternoon to calm him down. I can't help but laugh, even now, just remembering that day.

" Mom ! I'm going out to get some bread !". I called out.

As I was about to grab the door handle to head out, my mother stopped me, a concerned look on her face.

" Oh, wait, sweetheart !". She exclaimed.

She arrived almost running with a scarf in her hands.

"Don't forget your scarf, I don't want you to catch a cold".

My mother wrapped a dark burgundy scarf around my neck, her hands moving with practiced care. Once she was done, she stood up with a smile, and I took the end of the scarf in my hands to get a closer look.

" This scarf is beautiful". I remarked, marveling at the intricate patterns.

My mother nodded, her smile widening," Yes, Carla really has a lot of talent".

Did Eren's mom make me this scarf ? I couldn't help but imagine her launching a clothing brand and becoming a big success.

" How long have I had it ?". I asked, curious about its origin.

At my question, my mother looked at me with confusion before answering," Since your 7th birthday, have you forgotten ?".

Of course, I couldn't forget any information I didn't have before. But seeing her worried expression, I decided to play along and add a touch of mischief to the moment.

" Oh ! Yes, I'm silly ! Sorry, Mom". I replied, pretending to be forgetful.

My mother looked at me reassuringly, her eyes filled with warmth. She fixed my scarf again to make sure it was positioned just right, ensuring I wouldn't catch a cold.

" Don't worry, dear. It's easy to forget sometimes". She said gently.

Feeling a rush of affection, I hugged my mom tightly before finally leaving the house. The cool air brushed against my cheeks, reminding me of the outside world waiting beyond the familiar walls of our home. As I walked towards the bakery, the streets bustling with activity, my mind wandered.

I wondered if I could also buy a book that we could read with Arly. He always had a thirst for knowledge, and it would be wonderful to share the joy of reading together. Perhaps we could lose ourselves in tales of adventure and imagination, much like the lives we lead here.

With that thought in mind, I quickened my pace, eager to find the perfect book that would transport us to new worlds and ignite our young minds. Arly blue is the nickname I gave to Armin because of his blue eyes.

As I was thinking about what book to buy, I looked up to see two people I now know well standing a few feet away. The warm smile that spread across my face was an instinctive reaction to their presence.